Villanova University is a Roman Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Order of Saint Augustine in 1842. Villanova provides a comprehensive education rooted in the liberal arts; a shared commitment to the Augustinian ideals of truth, unity and love; and a community dedicated to service to others.
A wide variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are offered through the University’s four colleges: the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the Villanova School of Business, the College of Engineering and the College of Nursing, as well as the Villanova School of Law. With a total enrollment that surpasses 10,000 undergraduate, graduate and law students, Villanova is the oldest and largest Catholic university in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
To foster academic excellence, we as a University:
- Create a diverse community of scholars, united and dedicated to the highest academic standards;
- Emphasize the liberal arts and sciences as our foundation and foster in our students active engagement, critical thinking, life-long learning and moral reflection;
- Concern ourselves with developing and nurturing the whole person, allowing students, faculty and staff to grow intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, culturally, socially and physically in an environment that supports individual differences and insists that mutual love and respect should animate every aspect of university life;
- Encourage interdisciplinary research, teaching and scholarship;
- Affirm the intrinsic good of learning, contemplation and the search for truth in undergraduate and graduate education;
- Support a curriculum that encourages both a global perspective and an informed respect for the differences among peoples and cultures.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Villanova University is an ideal place to pursue your graduate education. Program offerings in the humanities, social sciences, mathematics and sciences include more than 20 master's degrees, more than 40 graduate certificates, and a PhD program in Philosophy.
Why Choose Villanova?
- Competitive tuition rates
- Graduate assistantships and research funding
- Small evening classes
- Full-time or part-time
- Personal attention from a faculty of internationally recognized scholar/teachers
- A learning experience you design to meet your intellectual passions and educational goals
- All the cultural and intellectual assets of the Philadelphia region, including nearly 90 higher-education institutions
Visit Villanova to learn more about what Graduate Liberal Arts and Sciences has to offer you! Take a personalized tour, attend an on-campus open house, or join us for an online information session.
This school offers programs in: