Art is not just important to us here at UNM, it’s part of us. We teach it, create it, and embrace it. It shapes our identity and even drives our economy.
Whether it’s cast or woven, printed or painted, disruptive, experimental, theoretical or visionary, we have an insatiable love and deep respect for the artist and their practice—and if you do too, we should really talk.
CFA by the Numbers
• Top 5 in the nation in Photography
• The only place in the US to earn a concentration in Flamenco
• The only college at UNM with a fund dedicated to study abroad
• 64% of CFA grads find jobs before or within 4 months of graduation
• 100% Music Education job placement
• Best American cities for creatives – Thrillist
• Best places to live and work as a moviemaker – Movie Maker
• Diverse culture – 94% of students had a conversation with people different from themselves
• The top state for fine artists
• The #3 State for actors
• The #15 State for Musicians