Oakland University fulfills its distinctive role among Michigan public universities by steadily enhancing an intellectual and ethical environment that prepares students to lead and serve in the local and world communities.
- Oakland University will provide high quality and challenge undergraduate education that offers students an enriching and diverse combination of liberal arts, professional education, and cultural and social experiences.
- Oakland University will create a visionary general education program that provides all Oakland baccalaureate graduates with the intellectual and cultural foundation for productive citizenship and a satisfying personal life in the twenty-first-century world.
- Oakland University's commitment to the highest quality undergraduate education will be shown by the high percentage of classes taught by full-time faculty.
- A majority of classes taken by Oakland undergraduates will have sizes that maximize opportunities for student-faculty interactions.
- Every Oakland undergraduate will have the opportunity to work with a faculty mentor in research or other creative endeavors.
- Oakland University will offer a wide range of masters and professional doctorate programs that both strengthen undergraduate programs and meet the market demands of our society.
- Oakland University will offer a limited number of Ph.D. programs focused on areas with a concentration of faculty expertise and of the critical need to the state, region, and nation.
- Future growth in enrollment will continue toward a 20,000-student target matched with growth in faculty, staff, campus and student services and technological enhancements.
Programmes taught in:
- English (US)