Middle Tennessee State University has been named one of the best places to earn an undergraduate degree in the nation by The Princeton Review, which called it “a go-to choice for those wishing to receive a quality and affordable education.”
In past years, MTSU has been included in the review’s list of top schools in the Southeast. The university remains on the regional list by virtue of its inclusion on the review’s top national list. Added Provost Mark Byrnes, the university’s chief academic officer, “This reflects the hard work of our faculty and staff in helping our students succeed, as well as the almost $1 billion in improvements and new construction put forward on our campus.”
Statement of Mission
Middle Tennessee State University, a comprehensive, innovative institution, attracts students to distinctive bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral programs that prepare graduates to thrive in their chosen professions and a changing global society. Students and faculty generate, preserve, and disseminate knowledge and collaboratively promote excellence through teaching and learning, research, creative activity, and public engagement.
Approved March 31, 2020, by the MTSU Board of Trustees.
- To fulfill its mission, Middle Tennessee State University fosters a student-centered environment conducive to lifelong learning, personal development, and success;
- educates and challenges students through a broad array of high-quality, affordable academic programs grounded in a common core of arts and sciences;
- enhances access through unique programs, distance learning, and advising to meet the needs of a diverse student population;
- supports student learning through effective teaching methods, emerging technologies, experiential and integrative learning, research, and co-curricular and extra-curricular activities;
- attracts and retains exceptional faculty and staff and develops resources to support excellence in instruction, research, creative activity, and public and professional service;
- develops and sustains academic partnerships, entrepreneurial activities, and public service to support instruction, research, and communities throughout the region;
- promotes ongoing engagement with its alumni, partners, and friends; and
- serves as an emerging center for international study, understanding, and exchange.
Middle Tennessee State University educates students to
- think logically, critically, and creatively;
- make sound judgments with an awareness of ethical, moral, and aesthetic values;
- acquire a working knowledge of a discipline or a group of related disciplines;
- examine, analyze, and shape the rapidly changing world through scientific knowledge, creative undertakings, and an understanding of culture and history;
- communicate clearly and precisely and understand the proper role of free expression and civic engagement in our society; and
- demonstrate the effective and adaptive use of current and evolving technologies.
37132-0001 Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA