At Kogod, it's our mission to prepare our graduates to work and lead in all sectors of business: public, private, and nonprofit. We strive to create an interactive learning environment with a strong focus on experiential learning. Our students get hands-on experience in all facets of business through real-world projects inside and outside the classroom. Kogod's broad alumni network and location in our nation’s capital work hand-in-hand to connect our students to the business world beyond campus. The Kogod School of Business at American University is the oldest accredited business school in Washington, D.C.
Facts and Rankings
Kogod is dedicated to providing rigorous business education and research while encouraging a diverse and forward-thinking community. Our more than 2,500 students and 80 full-time faculty hail from dozens of countries around the world. We are regularly recognized for our commitment to our students and the global business community.
- CEO Magazine ranked Kogod School of Business in Tier 1 North America MBA Schools
- No. 1: Bloomberg Businessweek Best Undergraduate B-Schools for Sustainability (2013)
- No. 5: GraduatePrograms.com Top Accounting Programs (2015)
- No. 9: TaxTalent Best MS Tax Programs (2014)
- No. 9: The Princeton Review #9 Best Opportunities for Women (2016)
- No. 10: Poets & Quants for Undergraduates’ Top 20 Business Schools Most Popular with International Students (2014)
- No. 17: GraduatePrograms.com Top Marketing MBA Programs (2015)
- No. 18: Best Colleges for Earning a Business Degree by Fortune Magazine and Money.com (2015)
- No. 21: U.S. News & World Report Best Undergraduate Business Specialty – International Business (2016)
- No. 26: College Factual Best Undergraduate Business Administration and Management program (2016)
- No. 43: Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2016 Best Full-time MBA: US (2016)
- No. 45: Environmental Sustainability Programs: Net Impact Business UNusual (2014)
- No. 51: Poets & Quants for Undergraduates’ Best Undergraduate Programs (2014)
- No. 58: Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2015 Best Full-time MBA: US (2015)
- No. 60: College Factual Best Undergraduate Accounting Program (2016)
- No. 62: Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2014 Best Undergraduate Business School
- No. 65: Forbes’ Full-time MBA Ranking (2015)
- No. 78: Poets & Quants’ Top 100 U.S. MBA Programs (2016)
- No. 80: Undergraduate U.S. News & World Report (2016)
In addition to our Full-time MBA program, Kogod also offers seven specialized Master of Science degree programs in Accounting, Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Real Estate, Sustainability Management and Taxation. Online options are available for the MBA and Analytics programs. We offer undergraduate business degrees with unmatched opportunities for specialization. From our multifaceted BS in Business and Entertainment to our new Entrepreneurship minor, Kogod is dedicated to providing a strong business base for tomorrow’s leaders, no matter what path they pursue. Students at Kogod have access to state-of-the-art facilities, such as our Financial Services and Information Technology Lab, and academic and career services through our Kogod Center for Career Development and Kogod Center for Business Communications. Kogod is also proud to partner with other schools and colleges at American University to support interdisciplinary dual-degree programs.
Accreditation and Memberships
American University's Kogod School of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Established in 1955, the Kogod School of Business has a diverse population that is driven to make a difference within organizations and in the world at large. Kogod is a proud member of the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC), Principles for Responsibly Management Education (PRME) group, the Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education (CUIBE), and the Stewardship Action Council (SAC).
Programmes taught in: