The School of Business offers education and experiences in a variety of business disciplines at the Associate's, Bachelors and Masters level. Programs are continually updated to ensure students are receiving cutting-edge business knowledge to prepare them for successful careers in the business and entrepreneurial arena.
The upcoming year will bring about major advancements to the school with the construction of a state of the art Business Building. The facility will house a variety of components including classrooms, computer labs, and office spaces. However, unique features such as interview practice areas, faculty and student interaction areas, and a simulated live trading floor will create learning opportunities second to none.
The fundamental purpose of the School of Business is to provide quality baccalaureate and masters degree programs to educate and prepare skilled professionals who will be leaders in their profession and in their community. This mission is based on a philosophy of continuous improvement. In fulfilling its mission, the Department dedicates itself to providing a quality learning environment that includes:
- Continuously updating a curriculum that integrates and applies the basic concepts of the common body of knowledge and develops communication skills, critical thinking ability, ethics, computer proficiency, and analytical skills and techniques that facilitate business decision making.
- Facilitating the growth and development of students, with an emphasis on culturally diverse students representative of the population of the region.
- Emphasizing understanding and working with people of all cultures in a local, regional, national or international setting through team building and integration of a multicultural perspective.
- Providing opportunities for faculty to make intellectual contributions of applied research while maintaining a reasonable balance between teaching and research.
- Providing opportunities to faculty to develop and apply innovative instructional techniques and incorporate advanced instructional technology in the teaching process.
- Developing and implementing an outcomes assessment program for student learning to enhance the quality of the degree programs offered.
- Providing opportunities for a faculty to participate in economic development in the service area of the university through the Business Research Center.
This school offers programs in: