California National University was founded in January 1993 in recognition of the need for working adults to meet contemporary challenges to re-think and re-tool. From the beginning, it has been CNU's intent to provide quality degree programs in a flexible environment. This goal has been accomplished by adopting an innovative approach to traditional education; combining self-study with direct personal contact and technology. A unique aspect of CNU programs is the one-on-one instruction students receive from a distinguished national faculty. Although the University has taken advantage of advancements in technology to improve instruction, technology is regarded as an enhancement rather than a replacement for good teaching and relevant content. Students enjoy an educational climate that is typical of one found on a small traditional campus. This is made possible at a distance through a centralized Learning Network; emphasizing committed student service and open communication. CNU offers programs which afford a rich opportunity for U.S. and Non-U.S. residents to match their desire to develop intellectually and professionally.
California National University for Advanced Studies aims to address the needs of today's and future Business and Technical Professionals by providing higher education through distance learning. California National University is committed to academic excellence and to the educational welfare of each of its students. We are a student-centered institution divided into three colleges that offer a variety of advanced studies through distance education. CNU offers undergraduate and graduates degree programs, a certificate program; and individual courses through extension. The intent of CNU's educational programs and nationally recognized faculty is to develop, among varying constituencies of working adults, those skills, and competencies which will promote their personal and professional growth.
Accreditation and Approvals
- California National University for Advanced Studies is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)
- The Accrediting Commission of the DETC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and as a recognized member of the Council of Higher Education Accreditation
- California National University for Advanced Studies is granted Institutional Approval to provide degree programs by the authority of the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education
- California National University for Advanced Studies is listed in the American Council on Education Directory and in the Higher Education Directory
- California National University for Advanced Studies is listed in the Carnegie Classification for degree-granting institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- California National University for Advanced Studies is approved to participate in the voluntary education tuition assistance program administered by the Defense Activity on Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES). Active duty military personnel and reservists should contact their education office for more information.
91325 Los Angeles, California, USA