Dating back to 1824, Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the largest and most popular universities in the UK, with over 36,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, including a diverse community of 3,000 international students from 120 countries.
More than £350 million has been invested to create a world-class learning environment with some of the best teaching and learning facilities in the UK. The University is now placed amongst the global top 3% of institutions and is ranked in the world's top 150 universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education 2016).
Manchester Met delivers outstanding research thataddresses the biggest challenges facing contemporary society. 85% of research impact at the University is graded as world-leading or internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework 2014) and you will be taught by academics who are leading experts in their disciplines.
The city-centre campus is located in the heart of Manchester, amongst world-renowned nightlife, music, arts, shopping and sports venues in Britain’s ‘best city to live in’ (The Global Liveability Survey 2016).
Manchester Met has earned a strong reputation for developing work-ready global graduates, with over 1,000 courses with a focus on industry experience and employability, links to over 70 professional associations and strong working relationships with global industry leaders.
The University has 10 subject areas ranked in the top 20 in the UK (Complete University Guide 2017), including Art and Design, Architecture, Physiotherapy and Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism.
Experienced staff, careers advice, free English language lessons and a dedicated International Office ensure that international students receive all the support they need to succeed in their studies at Manchester Met.
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to recognising high achieving international students and has a limited number of scholarships available up to the value of £5,000.
- City centre campus located in the heart of Manchester
- Manchester is the UK’s best city to live in (The Global Liveability Survey 2016)
- £350 million has been invested in facilities
- Professional careers advice during your studies and for 3 years after graduating
- Industry links with global companies, including IBM, Panasonic, Disney, Airbus, Siemens, Nissan, Puma and Canon
- Ranked in the global top 3% (Times Higher Education 2016)
- 85% of research has 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' impact (REF 2014)
This school offers programs in: