Why study at Goldsmiths?
- We're a world-class university, ranked in the world's top 350 universities by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17, and the world's elite by the QS World University Rankings 2016-17
- We have 10 subject areas in the world's elite according to the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject:Anthropology, Art and Design , Communication and Media Studies , Computer Science & Information Systems, English Language and Literature, History, Performing Arts (which includes Music and Theatre and Performance), Politics & International Studies, Psychology, Sociology
- We're in the UK's top 25 universities for the quality of our research (Research Excellence Framework, THE research intensity ranking)
- We've been voted one of the top creative universities in the UK by students (Which? University 2016)
- 9 out of 10 of our students go to work or further study when they graduate (DLHE 2014-15)
- Our students come from over 140 countries
- Our London zone 2 campus is a great base for exploring the city – you’ll have world-class shops, restaurants, bars, theatres, cinemas, galleries and museums on your doorstep
- We have plenty of support on offer for international students, from English language preparation to help to find work experience
- We’ve been part of the world-renowned University of London since 1904. That means that when you graduate from Goldsmiths, you’ll also graduate from the University of London
About Goldsmiths, University of London
An incubator for ideas
Creativity has always been the hallmark of Goldsmiths. Academic excellence and imaginative course content combine to make a place where creative minds can thrive and ideas are allowed to grow.
Our courses and research activities span the arts, humanities, social sciences, cultural studies, computing, business and management across 20 academic departments.
A world leader in new knowledge
Our academics cooperate across disciplines to create exciting new courses and develop novel approaches to research issues. Our interdisciplinary ethos has helped us to become a national leader in many subject areas.
The QS World Rankings place us in the top five UK Universities for Art & Design and Communication & Media Studies. In 2014 the Research Excellence Framework rated us in the UK’s top 25 Universities for the quality of our research.
From Creative and Social Technologies to Anomalistic Psychology our teaching and research staff are combining their specialist knowledge to fashion new insights into 21st-century challenges.
Whatever discipline you choose, you’ll find your old ideas challenged and your new ideas embraced. Goldsmiths is a place where together we are creating the knowledge of the future.
A place where your career can grow
At Goldsmiths, we don’t put you in a box. We are a fluid and energetic community where staff and students work in partnership to bring learning to life. You’ll have the opportunity to work in flexible ways and across departments. You’ll collaborate with people from different backgrounds and with different specialities to create solutions that are unique and exciting.
After graduating from Goldsmiths, many of our alumni have played leading roles in shaping contemporary British culture. Wherever you are on your career path, you’ll find the doors are always open for you at Goldsmiths.
The perfect partner for business and industry
Because many of our tutors are practising professionals in their field, we understand how business and industry works, what it wants and how it constantly changes and evolves. Students have the opportunity to get work experience so they can graduate equipped with the skills and experience they need when they enter the workforce.
We have comprehensive and long-established links with regional, national and international employers who know from experience when they hire a Goldsmiths graduate they’re hiring a graduate of the highest calibre.
A caring community
At Goldsmiths we’re a close-knit community that sees everyone as an individual with their own strengths and needs. Because we’re a single-campus university, you’ll never feel isolated or overlooked.
We have teams dedicated to helping disabled students or offering financial advice. You can count on our trained counsellors to help you cope at stressful times, or turn to our chaplain for confidential support. We’ll give you the space to be yourself but there’ll always be someone to talk to when you have a question or need someone to listen.
Embracing the global citizen
Because we’re just 10 minutes from the centre of London; because we have students from 114 different countries; because many of our courses offer the opportunity to spend time studying abroad, Goldsmiths truly embraces the global citizen.
Students coming from other countries will find a thriving international community and enjoy the experience of studying in one of the world’s major cities. UK students can expand their horizons through the opportunities to travel and make friends from around the world.
Our alumni have gone on to build lives and careers on every continent and to become our ambassadors across the globe.
Goldsmiths is pleased to be the University Sponsor for Mulberry University Technical College (UTC). The UTC is a new 14-19 co-educational school with a unique employer-led curriculum in Creative, Health and Digital Technologies. Goldsmiths has been an active participant from the conception of the UTC and involved in many aspects of its development. Liz Bromley, Registrar and Secretary is a founding member of the Board of Governors and Lucinda Parr is the Project manager. The UTC will open in September 2017. For more information, visit the UTC website.
At Goldsmiths you’ll find a fusion of culture, creativity, heritage, excitement and academic rigour. Every one of our students, staff, partners and friends will show you a different face of Goldsmiths.
Goldsmiths is the sum of all our people, whose endeavour and imagination has crafted us into a world-leader in education and research.
- We are an institute rooted in tradition, with our face turned resolutely towards the future
- We are a close-knit community with a reputation that spans the globe
- We offer academic excellence combined with innovative thinking
- We challenge you to discover your potential and support you in fulfilling it.
- We are investing in our services, our spaces, our surroundings, committed to improving the Goldsmiths experience for every one of our extended family.
Programmes taught in: