Founded in 1966, Brunel University London is a campus based university offering a multitude of undergraduate, postgraduate and research opportunities. Our mission is to combine a thorough academic grounding with the practical, entrepreneurial and imaginative skills you will need to apply your knowledge in the real world.
Relevant to Industry and Society
Professional institutions accredit many of our courses; these institutions are recognised by employers and can offer membership or exemption towards further study. Brunel also has a strong research ethos informing our teaching, the community and the world around us and our postgraduate taught courses focus on developing expertise and skills to research and industry standard.
We are located in Uxbridge, west London which has more than 300 shops, a multiplex cinema, dozens of bars and restaurants. You’ll be joining a campus-based university which has all the resources you need within a 10 minute walk: accommodation, a bank, medical centre, pharmacy, shop and a gym. You can be in central London via Uxbridge underground station within 30 minutes and our close proximity to Heathrow airport makes us a popular choice for international students.
Get to know our campus better by taking our virtual tour.
There’s always something interesting going on at Brunel! Our community is made up of 13,000 students including 2,500 international students from over 110 countries. In fact, we have been ranked as one of the top 20 most international universities in the world for the last two years (Times Higher Education).
All Brunel’s residential halls offer high quality facilities and are located on campus, meaning you are never more than 10 minutes away from the teaching, social and sporting facilities.
Why not have a look for yourself by taking our virtual tour?
Even better, if you apply, meet your conditions and confirm your acceptance of our offer by the deadline given in your offer email, we will guarantee you a place in our on-campus accommodation.
The Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award, run by the Brunel International office and open to all international students. Its goal is to provide financial support to exceptional students. Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
Make sure you visit our website for details of further funding available.
Why choose Brunel University London
- We have been ranked 1st in London, 3rd in the UK and 25th in the world in a new world ranking of the top 100 universities founded in the last 50 years by Times Higher Education (2015).
- Brunel Business School won the Business School of the Year Award by the Times Higher Education Awards in 2013.
- We were ranked 7th in London for student satisfaction according to the National Student Survey (2015).
- You’ll have access to our multi-million pound sports facilities which were an official training camp for the London Olympic Games in 2012.
- We were awarded the prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize for Further and Higher Education for our ground-breaking research.
- The British Council ranked our Pathways and Language Centre (IPLC) as one of the top-performing language centre under their new accreditation framework. So you can be sure our English language courses will prepare you for academic success and help you to settle into university life.
- Brunel’s International students can take advantage of a range of support services including specialist staff who manage the admissions process, finance, immigration (including a visa renewal scheme), general enquiries and much more.
- With our personal tutor network, you will have someone to turn to for advice on any academic or personal issues throughout your time at university.
- We’ll help also your family settle into life on campus through our family club dedicated to the partners and children of international students.
This university offers programs in:
Programmes taught in: