Who we are
The Graduate School and Permanent Training of the Francisco de Vitoria University, formerly the Postgraduate and Consulting Area, is consolidated as a center in 2019, being registered as such in the Center of Universities, Centers and Degrees (RUCT) of the Ministry of Education . He has more than 20 years of experience in training and consulting in different areas of knowledge, contributing to the continuous, comprehensive and specialized training that society demands and needs.
In order to respond to the demands of dynamic, competitive and international professional, social and business environments, the Postgraduate School and Lifelong Learning is firmly committed to a transformative methodology centered on the person as the main agent of change. In 2014, the UFV INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SCHOOL was created to continue meeting the demands of society as the urban headquarters of the Graduate School.
Aligned to the mission of the UFV, the mission of the Graduate School and Permanent Training is defined as a “diverse and plural community of search engines that, under the motto of Vince in Bono Malum, contribute through different activities at the service of the business environment and social, to the continuous growth of professional and personal excellence impregnated with meaning ”.
The Graduate School and Permanent Training currently manages more than a hundred students in their own degrees and higher programs and more than a thousand students in collaborative courses and customized training programs. In the 2018-19 academic year, it has attended more than 2,000 students of official master's degrees and has established more than 1,000 educational collaboration agreements with more than 100 new collaborations in this course. In the current academic year 2019-20, he manages the implementation of 14 official master's degrees in different modalities and calls.
The Value of Humanism
Its objective is to contribute to the continuous growth of professional and personal excellence through training. The concept of professional success of the UFV has to do with believing that being very competent in a profession can not and should not be separated from personal excellence to build a more humane society.
For the UFV, the postgraduate team, the consultants, clients, teachers, students, suppliers, etc., are part of the same community. The richness of this community lies in its plurality:
- Recognize the uniqueness, dignity and uniqueness of all its members.
- It aspires to generate a space in which to put on the table trends, studies and research, good practices, deep differences, etc., for the personal and professional enrichment of all from the legitimate search.
Their highest aspiration is to help bring out the best version of their community by promoting questions such as: What kind of professional and person do I want to be in my life? Why do I do what I do? Where do I want to lead my professional career? What do I understand by success? How do I contribute to society? What are my values and how do I transfer them to my daily activity? In short, all this reflects the aspiration to do something to change things in a society in need of change. The UFV proposes to its students to be the protagonists of the transformation of the world, beginning with the individual transformation.
In the area of Postgraduate and Consultancy of the UFV, work is being done to change society by valuing competences and attitudes. In this context, ethics is understood as a way of life, from which solidarity and social justice are very important for transformation.
Why Study at the UFV
The objective of the Francisco de Vitoria University is to contribute to the continuous growth of personal and professional excellence of its students. The main challenge of their teaching model is the training of professionals focused on the person and with a vocation to transform themselves to become protagonists of the change in society.
- The Francisco de Vitoria University puts the focus on a training conceived around ethical and deontological values, contributing to strengthen in students their desire to be a better professional and a better person.
- It has a high level cloister in all academic content, offering at all times a practical and experiential training of professional reality.
- The realization of real practical cases and the development of a model of knowledge transfer to the personal, business and institutional reality, allow your students to be clear about the values that permeate their profession and the sense of work they will perform.
- The contents focused on the analysis of daily practice encourage the search for solutions through debate and the creation of spaces in which to share trends, research and good practices. All this for the personal and professional enrichment of the university community: students, professors, researchers and professionals.
One of the objectives pursued by the UFV through postgraduate training is to help students build their careers and facilitate the implementation, outside the classroom, of the knowledge acquired during their postgraduate training. For this, the Postgraduate and Consulting Area works on different fronts:
- He is responsible for the search and management practices of students in companies and entities collaborating with the University.
- Give a personalized service to the student so that he can make the best choice of practices according to his profile and interests.
- It is constantly searching and signing agreements with leading institutions in each training area, in order to offer students the best options.
- The programs incorporate the necessary training to successfully overcome objectives such as preparing a CV, preparing an interview, finding a job ...
- In the Employment Exchange service, the former student is offered a personalized service of orientation and advice on the professional career and offers of employment are published daily.
Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain