Over a hundred years' experience and a long track record and academic history have yielded a fully consolidated and proven method of education.
IQS is engaged in the personal, academic and professional education of people, both ethically and comprehensively, on the basis of social commitment.
IQS provides thorough, practical training on account of its scientific tradition.
IQS has a strong relationship and association with science and business/industry. This provides great flexibility, dynamism and constant evolution through innovation and adaptation to academic, business and social reality.
Being an IQS student means much more than following a syllabus, because the driving force of IQS is Excellence. This is inseparable from the effort, discipline and scientific rigour that will enable you to grow as a Person.
IQS wishes to foster relations with universities and colleges from all over the world that either belong to the Society of Jesus or simply share the ideal of a Christian inspiration education.
The IQS mission must be characterized by a service to the faith and a promotion of justice, groundwork of Christian humanism in current Jesuit understanding.
To this porpuse it must
- Facilitate to all its components the possibility of a deepening in the human dimension and the sense of the life, with a reference to the Jesus of Nazareth Gospel.
- Call upon faculty and students a solidarity and service spirit
- Promote in its educative system a right distribution of the wealth between peoples and a sound use of natural resources.
To achieve that it is necessary to
- Form its students for the excellence in reflection in order that they know to critically evaluate the work they do;
- Provide them an individual attention.
In summary, IQS must make an effort, in accordance with its original tradition, to teach its students to love their work, exerted seriously and rigorously and with initiative and creativity. The professional activities undertaken by its graduates will therefore be oriented to a productive purpose for the society and, in addition of a source of personal accomplishment, it will be a way to return the society everything they have received from it.