About East London University
Founded in 1998, East London University is one of the country’s premier private universities.
The University's S1-hectare campus, a few kilometers south of downtown East London, is home to more than 2,300 students hailing from all regions of the South Africa and 27 other countries.
Regardless of what they study, East London University students embark on a personal educational journey that helps them ﬁnd and follow their individual purpose.
Mission and Purpose
East London University provides access to higher education opportunities that enable students to develop knowledge and skills necessary to achieve their professional goals, improve the performance of their organizations, and provide leadership and service to their communities.
- To facilitate cognitive and effective student learning—knowledge, skills, and values—and to promote use of that knowledge in the student’s workplace.
- To develop competence in communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and information utilization, together with a commitment to lifelong learning for enhancement of students’ opportunities for career success.
- To provide instruction that bridges the gap between theory and practice through faculty members who bring to their classroom not only advanced academic preparation, but also the skills that come from the current practice of their professions.
- To use technology to create effective modes and means of instruction that expand access to learning resources and that enhance collaboration and communication for improved student learning.
- To assess student learning and use assessment data to improve the teaching/learning system, curriculum, instruction, learning resources, counseling, and student services.
- To be organized as a private institution in order to foster a spirit of innovation that focuses on providing academic quality, service, excellence, and convenience to the working student.
- To generate the ﬁnancial resources necessary to support the University's mission.
5241 East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa