St Petersburg University is the oldest university in Russia and for nearly 300 years it has been teaching its students up to the highest educational standards, preparing the graduates who are in high demand in the labor market by the leading companies in various industries.
Today, by bringing together traditions and innovations, St Petersburg University sets the pace for the development of science, education, and culture in Russia and worldwide. We are consistently ranked high in the various international university rankings (Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings, Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings, Academic Ranking of World Universities), which proves the success of our development strategy. The leading universities and major corporations are our academic and business partners.
The University is fully-equipped to provide a diverse range of opportunities for education, research, and creativity.
St Petersburg University Today
- Over 5 000 academic staff members;
- 418 main educational programs and more than 800 additional educational programs;
- More than 2000 internship contracts and partnership agreements;
- Over 485 partner universities;
- 9 Nobel Prize winners;
- 26 resource centers of the University Research Park;
- More than 7 mln depository items in stock at the M. Gorky Scientific Library of St Petersburg University;
- Over 11 000 places in the University halls of residence.
Benefits of studying at St Petersburg University
- The advantages of living and learning in the cultural capital of Russia. St Petersburg was recognized as World's Leading Cultural City Destination 2018 by the World Travel Awards;
- Interdisciplinary programs, fully meeting the demands of tomorrow;
- An opportunity to design a personalized curriculum for every student, combining compulsory and elective courses;
- Guest lectures from politicians, leading culture professionals, Nobel Prize winners, and world-renowned scientists from across the globe;
- Access to the most advanced technologies of the SPbU Research Park;
- A wide range of opportunities for entrepreneurship, a chance to obtain a grant through the SPbU Start-Up competition and develop your own project;
- Graduates of SPbU are highly competitive in the international job market;
- A chance to get a grant covering your tuition fee in full along with a monthly scholarship;
- Participation in international exchange and partnership programs;
- Various support programs for international students: buddy scheme, intro week, SPbU Foreign Students Club;
- SPbU Alumni Clubs operate in 15 countries of Europe, Asia, North America, and Australia.
We help our graduates to build a successful career
- dynamic career and employment services;
- SPbU days of a career with representatives from JTI, SUN InBev Russia, Intel, Unilever, P&G, MARS, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte Touche, KPMG, Ernst&Young, Toyota, Nokian Tyres, International Paper;
- Employers input in the development and evaluation of educational programs.
Programmes taught in: