Institute of Business Studies (IBS-Moscow)
Since its inception Institute of Business Studies (IBS-Moscow) within RANEPA has been a leader in the Russian business education market. IBS-Moscow is a collegiate business school operating a RANEPA’s premises in Moscow. IBS-Moscow was founded in 1988 within the Moscow State University of International Relations nationally known for strong international expertise. In 1994, IBS-Moscow transferred to RANEPA and became its homogeneous structural unit.
A combination of the international expertise of the Moscow State University of International Relations and RANEPA’s rich experience in preparing capable managers and executives has contributed to the broad recognition of IBS-Moscow in Russia and CIS countries. As a collegiate business school and RANEPA’s structural unit, we have access to the human and material resources required to ensure the high quality of our learning programmes. Nearly 30,000 of our graduates are active members of IBS-Moscow Alumni Association. All our degree programmes are Russian government-accredited. Our part-time MBA and EMBA programmes are accredited by the Association of Masters in Business Administration (AMBA International).
The mission of IBS is to educate and form the new generation of a socially responsible entrepreneurial and managerial elite of Russia and to advance Russian business education.The oldest and most reputable business-school in Russia
- Founded in 1988.
- The leader of Russian business-schools rankings.
- Market-oriented business school (85% of the programs are open programs).
- Prestigious international and national accreditation.
One of the biggest schools of RANEPA 4 departments, 7 chairs, 4 centers, over 20 programs, 13 double-degree programs. IBS has over 2000 students, 200 faculty members, and 15000 alumni.
International and National recognition All EMBA and MBA program of IBS have the international accreditation of AMBA International and National Accreditation Council for Management and Business education (NACBME), are at top positions in business schools rankings.
IBS is at the top of business school rankings Eduniversal Ranking: 2011-2018. Russian national business schools ranking: 2012 -2018. 160 IBS graduates and faculty are included in the “ТОП-1000 Russian managers” list. In the internal RANEPA rating IBS in the top group of RANEPA business schools, and its EMBA and MBA programs have the highest rating of 6 stars.
A complete cycle of undergraduate and postgraduate programs From bachelor programs to executive education. The total number of students and participants at the bachelor, master, МВА, Executive МВА, and professional retraining programs exceeds 2000.
Change, but stay true to yourself The key factor that ensures IBS’s leading positions is the ability to change, at the same time staying true to itself - adapt to the changing environment of the educational market, keeping up the best traditions and high quality of its programs. The academic consultant for MBA programs of IBS is Ichak Adizes, one of the world’s leading experts in leadership and management.
Over 30 000 alumni, IBS Alumni association was created to facilitate communication and cooperation with and between alumni. Today IBS alumni association unites highly qualified Russian leaders, managers, and professionals, that have graduated from IBS since 1988.
Market-oriented business-school IBS postgraduate programs boast close relations with leading companies, who also contribute to consulting and research projects. This allows IBS to immediately identify new trends and stay tuned to the demands of the market. IBS is primarily oriented at middle and large businesses, that form the basis of Russia’s civil society. IBS programs are highly regarded by Russian market-oriented businesses (85% of IBS students come from the open market).
Ratings and rankings
- Rating Eduniversal TOP Business School Since 2014 IBS has been ranked in the 4 palms of Excellence category TOP Business School.
- Eduniversal EMBA According to Eduniversal rating agency in 2016-2018 IBS programs is among the world’s best programs. For five successive years, IBS Executive MBA in Strategic Management and Leadership has been ranked among the Top-10 EMBA programs in Eastern Europe. MBA was ranked among the Top- 10 MBA programs in Eastern Europe in 2016-2017 according to Eduniversal.
- Eduniversal Master in International management IBS Master in International Management was ranked No 6 in the Eduniversal Best Masters in Eastern Europe in the 2015-2016 list. For five successive years, IBS Master in International Management has been ranked among the Top- 10 Master programs in Eastern Europe.
- For seven years in a row, IBS has been at the top of Russia’s national business schools rating! For seven years in a row, IBS has been at the top of Russia’s national business schools rating. The Institute of Business Studies is at the top of rating charts in the “income increase” and “career advancement” categories. The national rating of Russian business schools is conducted by the Russian MBA Alumni League and a national-wide recruiting agency Job.ru and was published by Izvestia newspaper in 2010-2014, Secret Firmy portal in 2015 and RBK news portal in 2016 - 2018.
- Increase in personal income of IBS graduates is the fastest in Russia. According to independent studies of a national-wide recruiting agency Job.ru and Russian MBA Alumni League, an MBA degree contributes to considerable career advancement and personal income increase. IBS MBA degree is at the top of the rating list. IBS graduates’ personal income has increased on average by 69% within 2-4 years after graduation. The results of the study were published by kommersant.ru, MBA.su and rbc.ru web portals.
- Rating of the Russian Managers’ Association "Top 1,000 Russian Managers" On an individual level, between 2001 and 2018, 160 IBS graduates and teachers were cited by the Russian Managers’ Association in their "Top 1,000 Russian Managers" reviews. This provides impartial evidence of the effectiveness of IBS programmes.
IBS-Moscow is an active member of associations:
- AACSB International
- Executive MBA Council (EMBAC)
- General Management Admission Council (GMAC)
- National Accreditation Council for Business and Management education (NACBME)
- Russian Association of business education (RABE)
- Russian Managers’ Association
Programmes taught in:
- English (US)