Why Study Law in Catholic Porto?
Created in 1978, the degree course in Law was the first to be offered in Porto. Gradually, it has gained national and international prestige, not only by its teachers and students, but also by its initiatives and excellent facilities.
Today, the law degree course offers broadband training and allows students to opt for various career paths.
At the same time, the creation of distinct options at the end of the course guides the student to various specialized branches of legal science. The course motivates the student to learn, to think well, creating true legal minds and not just technical interpreters limited to a rigid knowledge of the law.
The objective of the Faculty of Law of the Catholic Porto is, in fact, to conjugate the fundamental theory with a practical application of the law.
• Tradition and Modernity - Faithful to its tradition of rigor and excellence, the Faculty of Law of Catholic Porto is strongly committed to innovation and modernity.
• Teachers - For over thirty years, we have formed a solid body of teachers, trained internationally in prestigious universities in Europe and North America.
• Transversal Education - Taking advantage of the fact that we are located on a campus with other Schools, we can guarantee our students a transversal education (including Psychology, Management, Economics, Marketing, Political Science and Bioethics). In addition, we work to develop teamwork skills, fluency in foreign languages, use of information technology, communication skills development, creativity, ability to solve new problems, critical thinking, negotiation and leadership, among other soft skills . Students at the Porto Catholic Law School not only acquire an excellent level of technical education but also learn to be free, responsible and autonomous individuals.
• International Experiences - As part of the attitude of "educating lawyers around the world", we privilege and strongly encourage international mobility among students.
• Practical Approaches - With our commitment to bring together theory and practice, we have law practitioners to teach practical issues and seminars.
The Catholic Porto Law School is an institution of national and international renown.
The aim of the Faculty of Law is to build a school that is open to change, constantly seeking to help its students reach their career goals and committed to providing their teachers and researchers with the best possible conditions for the pursuit of scientific truth.
The Porto Catholic Law School is strongly committed to strengthening internationalization activities, while expanding its network of international partnerships and increasing the number of international students.
4169-005 Porto, Porto District, Portugal