Why study with us?
- Penang Medical College (PMC) is Malaysia's 1st private medical school. PMC is wholly-owned by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) and University College Dublin (UCD), two of Ireland's oldest, most prestigious medical universities.
- All graduating students are conferred with internationally recognised degrees or postgraduate Master of Science of the National University of Ireland.
- Ample opportunities for Biomedical and Translational research at that enrich undergraduates experience and widens the opportunities for postgraduates with leading journals, recognition and awards.
- Highly Cost Effective Tuition as the fees for all programmes (postgraduate included) are less than 50% of the programme in Dublin but culminate in the same degrees.
- PMC's undergraduate Irish Medical Degrees programme is the core programme since its establishment. Students' pre-clinical years are Dublin (RCSI or UCD) followed by exceptional clinical training in Penang. The degrees awarded are highly sought-after as renowned internationally as a hallmark of quality and excellence.
- Graduates of PMC join a valuable global network of alumni which extends into every healthcare system in every country across the globe
A GLOBAL QUALIFICATION
The MSc in Public Health is awarded by the National University of Ireland (NUI) with University College Dublin (UCD).
UCD MSC in Public Health (1 year, full-time) Penang, Malaysia
IRISH EDUCATION in PENANG
Ireland is internationally recognized for its high standards in education, and RCSI and UCD are two of the most prestigious medical schools in the country.
By having a regional base in Penang, renowned, quality education is provided at a lower cost.
The PMC campus is centrally located close to the heart of Georgetown, a UNESCO heritage site. Called the "Pearl of the Orient", Penang is located at the intersection of Asia and Europe's and has long served as the link between two halves.
Established as the first British trading port in the Far East in 1786, today, it is one of Malaysia's most diverse, cosmopolitan and exciting cultures.
Penang is a tropical island with palm-fringed beaches and is acknowledged as a food capital.
AN UNFORGETTABLE STUDENT EXPERIENCE
College life should be a healthy balance between work and play. While the workload is demanding, we want you to experience the full spectrum of student life in Ireland and Malaysia.
In Penang, students are encouraged to balance their academic and clinical commitments with a membership of the PMC Student Association. The Student Association offers a host of sporting, cultural and extra-curricular activities for the PMC student community.
A GLOBAL ALUMNI NETWORK
As a graduate of Penang Medical College, you will join an esteemed and growing global alumni network of nearly 1,600 medical doctors and postgraduates at PMC, as well as an alumnus of the Irish medical universities of your programme, RCSI or UCD.
PMC graduates have taken up senior positions in countries as diverse as Malaysia, Ireland, Switzerland, Australia, the United States, Brunei, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Our graduates are a source of immense pride to PMC, RCSI and UCD. Because PMC graduates are awarded the same globally recognised qualifications as students of RCSI and UCD, they become part of a rich alumni network with centuries-old connections in countries and healthcare systems across the world.
This network includes a former President of Ireland, the President of UCD, the CEO of RCSI, and the current President of the Irish Medical Council. The alumni network is an invaluable source of guidance, support and assistance for the PMC graduate.
As a graduate of PMC, you are benefitting from a status and qualification which has global recognition giving you limitless career opportunities.
This school offers programs in: