CLE selected for Erasmus +
The CLE Erasmus Mundus Master Course selected for "Erasmus + Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees” program. After seven successful years in the framework of the Erasmus Mundus program, the European Union has once again recognized the excellence of the CLE Master Course. In October 2015, the CLE has been selected for Erasmus+ by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency under the Key Action 1 “Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees”.
The program aims to:
- foster excellence, quality improvements, innovation, excellence and internationalisation in higher education institutions (HEI);
- increase the quality and the attractiveness of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and supporting the EU's external action in the higher education field, by offering full degree scholarships to the best Master students worldwide;
- improve the level of competences and skills of Master graduates, and in particular the relevance of the Joint Masters for the labour market, through an increased involvement of employers.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees programs are integrated study programs delivered by consortia of organisations from Programme and Partner Countries. Erasmus+ funds scholarships for students, as well as grants for academics or guest lecturers to teach or research in the Master degree program. Read more about EMJMD.
The five year grant includes a preparatory year (starting mid October 2015), followed by three student intakes from 2016 until 2020. During this time, 52 highly remunerated scholarships might be awarded to the best CLE students.
Due to participation in the “Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree” program, the attractiveness of the CLE Master Course will be raised further to get the best students from all over the world. The Master Course improves the level of competences and skills of Master graduates and their employability thanks to the contribution of the associated partners.
The program seeks to provide a high quality preparation reflecting the multicultural aspects of Europe.
The CLE Master Course is a program devoted to improving the quality of European Higher Education and strengthening intercultural communication.
The programme encourages and supports:
- cooperation as well as student, scholar and staff exchange among universities;
- the worldwide promotion of the image of the European Union as a space of academic excellence;
- communication between university and cultural institutions and enterprises (Museums, Publishers, Foundations) as well as public and private companies;
- better career opportunities for its graduates and access to the international workforce.
The CLE Master Course aims at providing international students with excellent T-shaped skills in:
- at least three European languages (English – mandatory, two other languages among French, Italian and Greek);
- at least three domains of European culture and thought (Literature, Art, Cultural History, Ethics and Aesthetics, Science of Language).
The CLE Master Course is a two-year full-time academic program.
At the end of the two-year program, after defending their Master’s thesis before an international committee, CLE students receive a multiple diploma issued by the universities of the consortium where they spent at least one semester.
The language in which the courses are offered may vary according to the University providing them.
Over the years, many additional activities (seminars, conferences, workshops, language courses) have been entrusted to highprofile scholars/guest lecturers. The CLE intends to maintain and reinforce this successful collaboration pattern.
CLE Participating universities (full partners):
- Alma Mater Studiorum, Università di Bologna, ITALIA (the coordinating institution)
- Université de Haute-Alsace (Mulhouse), FRANCE
- Université de Strasbourg, FRANCE
- Aristoteleion Panepistimion Thessaloniki, ELLAS
- Université Cheikh Anta Diop (Dakar), SÉNÉGAL
CLE Associated partners:
- State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Moskva,RUSSIAN FEDERATION
- Universidade de Lisboa Lisboa,PORTUGAL
- Archives et Musée de la Littérature,Bruxelles,BELGIUM
- Association des Amis d'Orizons, Paris,FRANCE
- Association Xanadu, Mulhouse,FRANCE
- Bottega Finzioni, Bologna, ITALY
- Fondation Catherine Gide, Oftringen, SWITZERLAND
- Hamelin Associazione Culturale, Bologna,ITALY
- Media Consultants, Milan, ITALY
- Moreno Holding Group Spa, Faenza, ITALY
- Odoya, Bologna, ITALY
- Società Dante Alighieri, Mulhouse, FRANCE
- Ville de Mulhouse, FRANCE
This school offers programs in: