About Ca’ Foscari
Originally established as Italy’s first business school in 1868, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is now a multidisciplinary institution offering a wide range of study programmes in economics and management, foreign languages, the humanities and the sciences, and it has become one of the country’s top-ranked universities. Ca’ Foscari has a student body of 20,000 undergraduate and 4,000 graduate students, and hosts over 1,000 foreign students each year.
Thanks to its location in the awe-inspiring historic centre of Venice, the university provides the unique and rewarding opportunity of studying and carrying out research in one of the world’s most beautiful cities, representing a context in which cultural tradition and intellectual innovation come together.
With a reputation for excellence in research, it has earned more of the EU’s coveted Marie Curie grants than any other Italian institution in recent years, and in the 2018 QS subject rankings, Ca’ Foscari is among the world’s top 150 universities for Modern Languages, in the top 200 for Economics & Econometrics and in the top 301-350 for graduate employability.
The university also fosters a well-rounded study experience through its provision of a panoply of student services and a variety of sports activities and student associations.
Ca’ Foscari University is located in the world-famous city of Venice, a unique urban centre situated in a lagoon on the north-eastern coast of Italy that is directly connected to the Adriatic Sea.
Venice is a city in northeastern Italy and the capital of the Veneto region. It is built on an archipelago located in a shallow lagoon that comprises over 100 islands connected by footbridges. Since canals take the place of roads, people move around the city by foot and by boat. In fact, Venice is Europe’s largest modern urban car-free city.
The city is characterized by a wealth of stunning historic architecture and art because the historical Republic of Venice was a thriving trading port and major maritime power during the Middle Ages and Renaissance, so some of the city’s sites are included on UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites.
In addition to a colourful past, however, Venice has an equally vibrant present, for it continues to be a hub of contemporary art and culture.
Living in the historic centre of Venice means living an environmentally conscious lifestyle. Due to the need to walk most places, the city’s public spaces become social hubs. In fact, one of the most eagerly awaited moments in a Venetian student’s day is the so-called aperitivo in campo, or outdoor aperitif: from the afternoon through to late evening, areas such as Campo Santa Margherita and the Erbarìa at Rialto turn into venues where people gather to chat and listen to music while they drink spritz and eat cicchetti – the traditional local aperitif and snacks that Venice is famous for.
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice’s study offer is divided into 8 Departments responsible for research and teaching activities of Bachelor’s and Master’s, 3 schools and the prestigious Collegio Internazionale (International College). Three other structures exist alongside these :
· Ca' Foscari Graduate School, which coordinates Research Doctorates (PhDs);
· Ca’ Foscari Challenge School, which organises Professional Master’s Programmes (1st and 2nd level) and other opportunities for executive education;
· Ca’ Foscari School for International Education, which promotes intensive summer and autumn courses, orientation programmes, foundation year programmes and other extracurricular activities for Italian and international students.
Dedicated to providing students with a stimulating, competitive and cutting-edge education, Ca’ Foscari has created an extensive academic network of partner universities that spans the globe, and as a result, it offers a variety of joint and double bachelor’s and master’s degrees and has over 700 active international exchange agreements. As a consequence of the University’s dedication to nurturing an international academic community, Ca’ Foscari also offers a significant number of study programmes taught in English.
Bachelor’s degree programmes in:
· Digital Management
· Philosophy, International and Economic Studies
· Business administration (Business Administration and Management Curriculum)
· Economics and Business (Economics, Markets and Finance Curriculum)
Master’s degrees programmes in :
· Global Development and Entrepreneurship (Entrepeneurship Curriculum and Global Development Curriculum)
· Conservation Science and Technology for Cultural Heritage
· Comparative International Relations (Global Studies Curriculum)
· Computer Science (Data Analytics Curriculum and Cyber Security Curriculum)
· Economics and Finance (Economics- QEM Curriculum/ Finance Curriculum)
· Environmental Sciences (Global Environmental Change Curriculum)
· European, American and Postcolonial Language and Literature (American Studies Curriculum / English Studies Curriculum)
· Management (Innovation and Marketing Curriculum, International Management Curriculum and Accounting and Finance Curriculum)
· Language Sciences (Language Science Curriculum)
· Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials;
To have a general overview of all Degree Programmes (both Italian- and English-taught) visit this page
Student facilities and services
Ca’ Foscari’s main campus is located in the heart of Venice’s historic centre, but it also has additional campuses on the mainland. It offers students the use of 6 libraries, the School for International Education, the post-graduate Challenge School and a language study centre. It also has exhibition spaces, a theatre, a sports centre and canteens.
Ca’ Foscari assists students during their entire University career by offering a range of loans, grants and bursaries through its Financial Aid Office. Tailor-made support is available to international students, students who work and students with disabilities.
The International Welcome Unit offers a wide range of services for international beneficiaries, such as guidance and assistance for enrolment procedures, recognition of academic qualifications, visa application process, residency permit, student services, health issues and transportation.
In order to strengthen the presence of international students and to enrich its global community , Ca’ Foscari is offering talented international students financial assistance in two forms:
• tuition fee waivers–full exemption from payment of university tuition and fees
• one-time scholarships of 5,000 EUR/each
For more information, please visit the webpage
Ca’ Foscari’s Housing Office is a service for Italian and international students, researchers, professors and administrative staff coming to study or work at Ca’ Foscari. It offers useful information and contacts to find suitable and convenient accommodation solutions in Venice and in the nearby area.
For more information, please visit the webpage.
The Welcome Unit offers a wide range of services dedicated to international students and faculty, such as guidance/information about and assistance with the recognition of academic qualifications, the visa application process and enrolment procedures. It also provides general information regarding the university’s student services, financial aid, housing, health services and transportation.
For more information, please visit the webpage.
The centre provides foreign language courses in English, French, Russian, Spanish and German at various levels.
The university has canteens in many locations, both in the historic centre of Venice and on the mainland campuses in Mestre, Marghera and Treviso.
Outgoing mobility opportunities
Thanks to over 650 cooperation agreements between international universities and Ca’ Foscari, you can spend some time studying abroad in over 70 Countries all over the world. The International Office promotes the outgoing mobility of Ca' Foscari students by participating in the leading international mobility programmes, developing relationships with foreign host universities and companies, and providing incentives for participation by all members of the university community.
For more information, please visit the webpage
The Career Office arranges internships and work placements both in Italy and abroad, it also conducts career fairs, recruitment drives and workshops to help current students and recent graduates acquire the professional skills they need to be competitive in the job market.
For more information, please visit the webpage .
Career day is a full-day event dedicated to recruitment during which undergraduates and recent graduates can meet the managers of the participating companies and get to know the working world. Students can visit the stands of companies, distribute their CVs, take part in interviews and acquire information about the professional opportunities and career options open to them. Career Day also involves a range of workshops, seminars and company presentations.
Few other universities offer the opportunity to study and carry out research in one of the world’s most beautiful cities. At Ca' Foscari, cultural tradition and intellectual innovation are able to come together.
Studying at Ca’ Foscari provides an opportunity to study and live in a very unique city, where you can wander for hours and even enjoy getting lost, have a Spritz in one of Venice beautiful squares, visit the world-famous museums and exhibitions, travel by boat through the smaller islands of the lagoon, enjoy the Lido beaches and taste delicious food.
The University also organizes a lot of cultural events to bring students and staff together in a city which is like no other, a place where past meets innovation and your thirst for knowledge is stimulated by numerous initiatives. Living in Venice is living art, architecture, development, research, attention to the environment and discovering ancient traditions and different cultures.
Furthermore, Ca’ Foscari guarantees students a well-rounded study experience through its provision a large variety of sports activities and student associations:
· Erasmus Student Network (ESN) – With over 12,000 members from 36 countries, the Erasmus Student Network supports and promotes international networking by providing students with opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development according to the principle of students helping students.
· University Sports Centre (CUS) – The CUS offers students the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of sports thanks to its facilities in the the historic centre of Venice.
· Radio Ca’ Foscari – Created by students of Ca’ Foscari, the university’s online radio station is an immensely popular means of communication. Interesting students can take part in its operation on the basis of their individual skills and experience.
· University Choir and Orchestra – For more than twenty-five years Ca’ Foscari’s choir and orchestra have been offering students the opportunity to explore and foster their love for music. The groups’ repertoires change from year to year and range from medieval to contemporary pieces.
· Shylock University Theatre Centre (CUT) – Shylock is a cultural association aimed at promoting technical-artistic innovation in the field of theatrical performance. It organises training and experimental workshops, hosts visiting productions and shows, and carries out research and production projects.
· Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Programmes taught in: