THE INDIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (ISB) evolved from the need for a world-class business school in Asia. The founders, some of the best minds from the corporate and academic worlds, anticipated the leadership needs of the emerging Asian economies.
They recognised that the rapidly changing business landscape would require young leaders who not only have an understanding of the developing economies but who also present a global perspective. The ISB is committed to creating such leaders through its innovative programmes, outstanding faculty and thought leadership. Funded entirely by private corporations, foundations and individuals from around the world who believe in its vision, the ISB is a not-for-profit organisation.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is to be an internationally top-ranked, research-driven, independent management institution that grooms future leaders for India and the world.
- To create and disseminate research-based knowledge in management that influences scholarship, practice and policy.
- To develop and enhance business leadership through innovative world-class programmes in management.
- To utilise the knowledge and expertise to engage with business, government and society, and to contribute to the welfare and development of the community at the local, national, and global levels.
- To have distinguished faculty from India and abroad teach courses and provide a global perspective on Post Graduate and Executive Education programmes.
In 2011, ISB celebrated ten years of nurturing young leaders in the field of management education. We are also the first business school in South Asia to receive the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation. Since 2008, the ISB has consistently featured in the Global Top MBA rankings by the Financial Times, London
With increased globalisation, the ISB sees three important trends which will influence its direction for research and education in the coming years:
- Requirement for global competencies in India and Asia
- Globalisation of Indian corporations
- Increasing interest in management best practices of the emerging markets, including India
500 032 Hyderabad, Telangana, India