The International Hellenic University (IHU) was established by Law No. 3391 in October 2005 and is based in Thessaloniki, Greece. The IHU is Greece’s first state university, where programmes are taught exclusively in English. Our philosophy is based on the following three concepts:
- Academic excellence
- Practical relevance
- International Outlook
With backing from the Greek State and the regional business community, the IHU aims to develop as one of Europe’s leading research and academic institutions. It already attracts a strong international academic faculty and outstanding students from Southeast and other European and Black Sea countries. As a State University, all degrees awarded are accredited by the Government and are recognized in the European Union and internationally. The IHU offers sought-after postgraduate degrees in three Schools: School of Economics, Business Administration & Legal Studies
- Executive MBA
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Banking & Finance
- MSc in Environmental Management and Sustainability (Specialisation Streams: Environmental Management, Sustainable Tourism Management)
- MSc in Strategic Product Design (Specialisation Streams: Product Development, Operational Design)
- MSc in International Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Management
- LLM in Transnational and European Commercial Law, Mediation, Arbitration, and Energy Law
- MA in Art, Law, and Economy
- MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management
School of Humanities
- MA in Black Sea Studies
- MA in the Classical Archaeology and the Ancient History of Macedonia
School of Science and Technology
- MSc in Information & Communication Technology Systems
- MSc in e-Business, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- MSc in Mobile and Web Computing
- MSc in Communications and Cybersecurity
- MSc in Energy Systems
- MSc in Energy Management
- MSc in Energy Building Design
The International Hellenic University has a strong faculty comprised of academics dedicated to research and teaching excellence. They work closely with an impressive visiting faculty of internationally distinguished academics. The programmes have been developed by experts with experience in developing courses of studies both in Greek universities and in top international universities and postgraduate programmes.
The multicultural environment of the International Hellenic University is a guarantee for the exchange of ideas and cooperation among students with different cultural backgrounds.
Do not miss the chance for quality studies in a university funded by the European Union that operates according to the highest academic standards.
Applying for a postgraduate programme
To be considered for a postgraduate programme at the IHU, candidates are required to have:
- a good university degree in a relevant subject from a recognized University
- proof of English competence (Proficiency or recently acquired IELTS or TOEFL)
- two academic references
A personal interview may be required.
To be considered for the EMBA programme, candidates are required to have, in addition to the above-mentioned requirements, a minimum of two years’ full-time work experience gained after graduation.
Applications are open until all the available places are filled. Therefore you should apply as early as possible to ensure place availability. The courses start every October, apart from the EMBA which starts every January.
For more information, you can download our 'IHU prospectus 2013' at www.ihu.edu.gr.
IHU in the Social Media!
Are you a social networking fan?
Do you want to be up to date with the IHU’s latest news?
Join our fan page, post your comments, check our videos and be part of our international student community!
Where to find us:
International Hellenic University
14th km Thessaloniki - Nea Moudania
57001 Thermi, Thessaloniki