University Bourgogne Franche-Comté (UBFC) is a public university federating 7 Higher Education and Research (HER) Institutions operating in the Bourgogne - Franche-Comté (BFC) Region:
- Université de Bourgogne (uB),
- Université de Franche-Comté (UFC),
- Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard (UTBM),
- École Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et des Microtechniques (ENSMM),
- Institut National Supérieur des sciences agronomiques, de l’alimentation et de l’environnement (AgroSup Dijon),
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Arts et Métiers (ENSAM),
- Burgundy School of Business (BSB).
- Foster Excellence and Internationalization of BFC Higher Education and Research,
- Increase attractiveness for national & international Students, Professors & Researchers,
- Develop Innovation, Transfer and socioeconomic Partnerships.
Facts & Figures
- 60000 students, including 3000 master degrees/year and 1900 Ph.D. students,
- 9000 employees, including 2200 faculty members,
- 280 permanent researchers from National Research Institutions,
- 51 Research Laboratories, some of them including National Research Institutions (CNRS, INSERM, INRA, INSERM, CEA),
- Entered the Times Higher Education World University Ranking in 2016.
- Awarded in 2016 and 2017 by the National French Program “Projects for the Investment for the Future”,
- Operates the national Excellence Initiative Project ISITE-BFC (Initiative-Science-Innovation-Territories-Economy).
rawpixel.com / Pexels
Priority Research Areas based on the Project of Excellence ISITE-BFC
- Area 1 - Advanced Materials, Waves & Smart Systems: Advanced materials, smart systems, clean energy, Quantum, and brain-inspired photonic computing, Programmable matter.
- Area 2 - Territories, Environment, Food: Socio-ecological and food transitions; innovation in agriculture and agro-food industry; soil & territory management strategies.
- Area 3 - Comprehensive Individual Care: Innovative care tools of inflammatory and chronic disease; Human performance sciences; Integrative patient-centered care approaches.
Global education portfolio reads
- 34 bachelor degrees
- 46 master degrees (194 options)
- 14 engineering degrees
- 1 Business & Management degree
- 6 Doctoral Schools:
- Environments – Health
- Biology, Health, Ecology, Environment
- Mathematics, Physics, Earth and Universe Sciences, Chemistry
- Engineering Sciences and Microtechniques
- Mathematics, Physics, Earth and Universe Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering Sciences, Information, and Communication Sciences and Technologies
- Societies, Spaces, Practices, Time
- Institutions and social behaviors, space, environment and societies, human spirit, language, education, languages, arts and cultures, ancient and contemporary worlds
- Literature, Communication, Languages, Arts
- Information and Communication Sciences, Linguistics, Ancient and French Languages/Literature, Comparative Literature, Literatures, and Foreign Languages, Civilizations, Cultures and Regional Languages, Performing Arts
- Law, Management, Economy and Political Sciences
- Markets and Organizations, Economics, Finance, Management, Normes, Institutions and Social Behaviours, Law, Political Science, Sociology, Demography
- Environments – Health
- 1 Graduate School: EIPHI “Engineering and Innovation through Physical Sciences, High-technologies, and cross-dIsciplinary Research” with 5 Master Programs in
- Physics, Mathematics, and Applications
- Smart Systems and Structures
- Material Science
- Computer Science
EIPHI is jointly operated by FEMTO-ST Institute and ICB laboratory, two major UBFC Research laboratories with high international recognition in Physical Sciences and Engineering.
EIPHI Key Features
- A cross-disciplinary approach in Physics & Engineering Sciences, with high-technologies.
- A broad spectrum of taught knowledge, from fundamental to applied sciences.
- A future-ready education program, for breakthrough, smart, and sustainable innovations.
- An attractive education track, personalized and definitely oriented toward international experiences.
- A graduating track immersed in renowned research institutes, opening the doors to high-tech companies seeking international profiles and high added value hard and soft skills.
UBFC English-taught Master Courses
- Control for Green Mechatronics (GreeM)
- Physics, Photonics & Nanotechnology (PPN)
- Master program in Mathematical Physics (Math4Phys)
- Photonics, micro-nanotechnology, time-frequency metrology, and complex systems (PICS)
- Behavioral Ecology and Wildlife Management (BEWM)
- Ecology, Monitoring, and Management of Ecosystems (EMME)
- Master Program in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Master Program in Physics and Computational Physics
- From lipoproteins to innovative therapies and pharmacy-imaging
- Transition Metals in Molecular Chemistry (T2MC)
- Data Analyst for Spatial and Environmental Economics (DASEE)
- Master Rare Books and Digital Humanities
- Projects in International and European Engineering (PIECE)
- Microbiology and Physicochemistry for Food and Wine Processes
- Physiological and Psychological FOOD choices Determinants (P2FOOD)