About the University
The University “Bourgogne Franche – Comté” has been ranked 2nd best French University in the field of Food Sciences (Shangaï, 2017). Most of the lecturers and scientists involved in the Master’s program are members of the Food and Microbiological Processes research unit (UMR PAM). The PAM Research Centre plays a major role in scientific and technological advances in the field of food and wine. The joint scientific focus of all the members is to understand the physical, chemical, and biological phenomena that determine food quality with the ambition of developing new products and new food processes. In addition to the pedagogical team, international invited lecturers will be involved.
Funding and tuition fees
As an international postgraduate you will benefit from France’s low tuition fees and have access to a wide range of funding programs (Grants from I-SITE UBFC, ERASMUS, French embassies, AUF bursaries, etc.). You can also apply for funding from the Université Bourgogne Franche - Comté (25 grants in 2017).
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (180 ECTS) in biology, food science, chemistry, physical chemistry or engineering science. Those having completed a Master’s Degree or equivalent (240 ECTS) related to biology, chemistry or physical chemistry can enter directly in the 2nd year.
Candidates should have good English proficiency (B2 required).
This Master’s Degree aims at providing students with job-relevant competencies and skills for a career as research project leader in academic laboratories, research institutes or R&D departments of international companies. The expertise will be in the field of microbiology and microbiological processes, chemistry and physical chemistry applied to food and wine science. Students will be encouraged to perform a PhD after this master degree.
AgroSup Dijon comprises over 1500 people:
- 1030 students
- 474 employees (permanent and under contract), 103 of whom are lecturers
- 2 specialised engineering degrees
- 3 advanced specialised graduate degrees
- 11 Master's co-organised with other academic institutions
- 5 professional Bachelor's
- Bac Pro, Bac Techno and BTSA ("FOAD" Distance learning)
- 4 teaching departments
- 1 institute dedicated to education and professionalization: Eduter
- 1 centre devoted to distance learning
- 1 documentation centre: Médiadoc
- 1 centre for experimental work on racehorses
- 5 research units, entirely research-based or with mixed activities
- 2 separate internal units
- 1 host team
- A network of over 5500 working engineers
This school offers programs in: