The University of Northern British Columbia is one of Canada's best small universities. With a core campus in Prince George and regional campuses throughout northern BC, UNBC recognizes the importance of quality teaching, personal attention, ground-breaking research, and being relevant to the North.
The School is located on one of the most beautiful campuses in Canada. The stunning architecture incorporating rock, wood, and light mirrors the natural beauty of the mountains, forests, and rivers of central and northern British Columbia. We are small enough to encourage personal relationships among faculty, staff and students, yet big enough to offer many challenges and opportunities. We encourage you to come and visit our campus.
What you will discover at UNBC is a remarkable and unique place to pursue higher education. The university has a friendly and personal atmosphere where students get to know one another and make life-long friends. Dialogue and respect for the views of others characterize the experience of students on the campus and in the classroom. Smaller class sizes offer students the opportunity to express their ideas and to learn from the ideas of others. Beyond the classroom, there are opportunities available at UNBC to get involved in many business, social, community service, and recreational activities. We strongly support co-operative education, which integrates academic study with practical work experience. These opportunities allow you to develop your interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills; indeed, to develop the skills that will be essential to business and personal success in the 21st Century.
We enable our students to fulfill their potential through our commitment to teaching innovation and excellence. We strive for balance between teaching and research through bringing the latest research findings into the classroom. We ensure that our students understand the key issues confronting business today. Our dedication to teaching and research enables our students to be at the forefront of management thought and action.
School of Business Mission & Values
The School of Business is recognized for our enduring commitment to teaching and research excellence and focus on issues confronting Canadian business and society. We help the communities and organizations of central and northern British Columbia to act on a world stage. Our graduates possess the confidence, determination, and capability to transform business. We provide the best university experience in British Columbia.
• To enable our students to fulfill their potential through our commitment to teaching excellence and our focus on them as individuals.
• To develop the management knowledge and skills necessary to achieve prosperity and success in a changing and complex world.
• To advance knowledge and practice in business by supporting both theoretical and applied research.
• To strive toward building our society by fostering dialogue and cooperation with the leaders of its organizations and communities.
• That our dedication to teaching and research places our students at the forefront of management thought and action.
• That our classrooms are a forum for dialogue and respect for different perspectives.
• That social and cultural diversity of the North and of Canada are a source of enduring strength for our nation.
• We conduct ourselves in an ethical and professional manner in our relationships with students, colleagues, and members of our community.
• We believe in cooperative, harmonious, and respectful relationships within the School of Business and among the departments of the university.
• We are committed to building bridges to those we serve, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, First Nations, and the communities of central and northern British Columbia, Canada, and the World.
This school offers programs in: