Master of Arts in Transformational Leadership and Coaching
Wright Graduate University
Earliest start date
At Wright Graduate University for the Realization of Human Potential, people often ask why our programs combine leadership and coaching. Can there be one without the other? Of course, there can be; however, we argue that to be a successful leader you must be a great coach.
We designed the Master Of Arts In Transformational Leadership And Coaching at Wright Graduate University for a different kind of leader and coach.
What if you could…
- Develop as a change agent, facilitating the emergence of those you lead and coach?
- Facilitate clients’ social-emotional intelligence, self-expression, goal achievement, and personal emergence?
- Earn credit while you experiment, practice, and apply what you learn day-to-day and moment-by-moment?
Experience an education that gives you the leadership skills today’s market demands, AND the human skills that empower you as an authentic leader.
Curriculum Applied to You
From day one you’ll direct your learning toward your own most pressing challenges. How? Wright Graduate University faculty have spent 30 years perfecting an applied educational format.
In the personally-applied curriculum, we call performative education, you’ll take on bite-size daily leadership and coaching challenges that you can implement anywhere, in any career and life path, from day one. You’ll also practice the critical coaching skills of leading groups, applying what you learn immediately.
Education Your Way: Online, On Campus, or Both
At times in your education, you may want an in-person community, and at other times you want to learn in your own space. That’s why we invested in technology to create a seamless hybrid learning experience for our students in all programs. You get to choose whether you want to learn fully online or meet your cohort and faculty in person.
Experience the freedom to have your curriculum adapted to your life rather than you having to adapt to the curriculum.
Learn by Doing
You wouldn’t learn a musical instrument or a sport by reading about it – you’d play. The same goes for leadership and coaching: you learn by doing.
Chances are that if you’re thinking of undertaking a master's, you’re already doing leadership in some regard - coaching, measuring, planning, monitoring, holding others accountable for results, and so on.
Imagine a program where you earn credit for consciously applying your studies to what you are already doing, rather than contrived group work, far-off case studies, or anything other than directly impacting your life and business where you are.
Our faculty are player coaches who will give you feedback from the perspective they’ve honed on the playing field themselves.
Become a Master of Many Trades
Forget the idea that a jack of all trades is a master of none. Today’s workplace demands that you constantly learn, grow, and adapt to an ever-changing environment
That is why we take a transdisciplinary approach – diving deep into leadership, coaching, philosophy, psychology, educational methodology, and neuroscience to develop leaders who win the hearts and minds of those they lead.
Wright Graduate University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission, 1101 17th Street NW, Suite 808, Washington, DC 20036; 202.234.5100.
The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Wright Graduate University’s M.A. in Transformational Leadership and Coaching, Graduate Certificate in Transformational Coaching, and Ed.D. in Transformational Leadership and Coaching have been formally recognized by GSAEC as the first school meeting the GSAEC Academic Standards of Graduate Coach Education.
The following are the primary program learning outcomes for this degree. Attainment of these outcomes will ensure your ability to:
- Demonstrate visionary transformational leadership skills.
- Demonstrate transformational emergence coaching skills.
- Conduct professional/business training.
- Demonstrate professional/business communication.
- Demonstrate a principle-based philosophical orientation to personal responsibility.
- Initiate strategic self-development for professional success.
- Manifest social-emotional intelligence.
- Exercise integrative, transdisciplinary problem-solving.
- Integrative Learning and Transformational Development for Leadership and Coaching
- Foundations of Human Development & Emotional Intelligence for Coaching & Leadership
- Foundations of Human Relationships for Coaching & Leadership
- Coaching & Leadership Approaches to Developing Personal Power
- Purposeful Living in Coaching & Leadership
- Scholarly Inquiry & Critical Thinking
- Transformational Leadership & Group Dynamics
- Professional & Leadership Coaching
- Processes of Transformation in Coaching & Leadership
Master of Arts in Transformational Leadership and Coaching (M.A.) Capstone
- Master's Capstone Project
- Year of More: Nourishment & Self-Care Quarter
- Year of More: Robust Relationships Quarter
- Year of More: Personal Power Quarter
- Year of More: Purposeful Living & Leadership Quarter
- Group Process Training
- Personal Emergence Process
- Coaching Lab
Scholarships and Funding
Based on availability, the University offers mission-based discounts to individuals in qualifying professions, as well as need-based scholarships. Please see the Scholarships & Financial Aid Page for current discount and scholarship eligibility criteria, application process, and award amounts.