Business and Organisational Psychology MSc
University of Westminster
London, United Kingdom
Full time, Part time
GBP 15,000 / per year
Earliest start date
Post graduate Open Evening
Wednesday 7th June 2023 - On campus - 5:30-7PM (BST)
In a rapidly changing business environment, the demand for business psychology graduates that can meet the needs of the industry with the right skill set, knowledge base and work-ready attitude has never been more important.
Accredited by the Association for Business Psychology, our career-focused MSc will build your understanding of the conceptual frameworks grounded in multidisciplinary cutting-edge business psychology theory and research so that you can apply business solutions in real-world organisational settings.
Your career will get underway as you hit the ground running on learning training and talent development where you’ll discover how to devise the latest learning and development interventions.
You’ll learn how to launch and track recruitment campaigns using pymetrics, AI, data analytics and discover the latest applied practice in e-recruitment, as well as explore how positive psychology can increase organisational effectiveness.
The course will be complemented by an evidence-based professional practice programme of speaker and skills development events, including workshops focusing on addressing practical professional skills and preparing you for your future career.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be equipped to implement, diagnose and communicate organisational business psychology interventions and solutions and contribute to building strategic behavioural capacity to support organisational strategic aims.
Top reasons to study with us
- The course is designed for students without a BPS-accredited undergraduate degree who wish to develop a career in personnel, human resource management or as a business consultant
- Build close relationships with leading professional bodies, such as the Institute of Leadership Management (ILM) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), through guest speaker events and skills workshops
- Gain one-year full membership to the Association for Business Psychology for free in the first year of your degree and one year's membership to the Institute of Leadership Management upon successful completion of the Psychology of Coaching and Mentoring for Professional Development module
- Opportunities to attend Continued Professional Development events led by the Association of Business Psychology at no extra cost
- Enhance your employability with the option to undertake further professional short courses at a reduced cost
- Get career-ready by taking part in an optional work placement or internship module
- Students may be able to apply for the title of a certified business psychologist on completion (subject to an application to the ABP) and use the postnominals Certified Business Psychologist (CBP). Full ABP membership must be activated, and a copy of the MSc degree certificate must be supplied
Why study this course?
- Combine theory and practice
Link theory to global practice through real-life case studies, problem-solving and live business projects.
- Fantastic central London location
We're in the centre of one of the world’s greatest cities and use this vibrant setting to ensure that our students discover innovative solutions to the problems facing our world.
- Taught by experts
You'll be taught by academics and practitioners, experts in the field, and with a passion for supporting students from diverse backgrounds.
This course is accredited by the Association for Business Psychology.
The Psychology of Coaching and Mentoring for Professional Development module is also an approved course with the Institute of Leadership and Management. When students start the module, they are enrolled on the Institute of Leadership and Management and receive study status. Completion and successful passing of this module will lead to one year’s Full Membership in the Institute and the opportunity to use the fast-track application process for Fellowship. Upon module completion, students are entitled to use the post-nominal MInstLM and access digital badges indicating their membership level.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to specialise in the areas of business and organisational psychology, human resources, management and leadership roles in both private and public sector organisations, training and development or consultancy.
The University’s Careers and Employability Service has built up a network of over 3,000 employers around the world, helping you to explore and connect with exciting opportunities and careers.
- Continued professional development
Attend free CPD events online and on-campus throughout the year with the Association for Business Psychology.
- Build your network
Gain membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management upon completion of the Psychology of Coaching and Mentoring for Professional Development module.
- Get career ready
Enhance your employability by taking part in an optional work placement or internship in your second semester.
The Business and Organisational Psychology MSc course team have developed a close relationship with business partners, including recruitment and selection specialists, leading learning and development specialists, wellbeing providers and coaching and mentoring providers.
You’ll also be taught by staff with expertise in business psychology, with several members of staff leading authorities in their respective fields, and many have practised at a senior level as Certified Principal Business Psychologist Human Resource Management Professionals and Chartered Occupational Psychologists.
This course will prepare you for roles in a variety of areas, including:
- Organisational psychology consultant
- Change manager
- Talent development partner
Graduates from similar courses at the University of Westminster, such as Human Resources Management MA and Management MA, have found employment at organisations including:
- Transport for London
- Proctor and Gamble
Westminster Employability Award
Employers value graduates who have invested in their personal and professional development – and our Westminster Employability Award gives you the chance to formally document and demonstrate these activities and achievements.
The award is flexible and can be completed in your own time, comprising a set of core and optional extracurricular activities.
Activities might include gaining experience through a part-time job or placement, signing up to a University-run scheme – such as mentoring or teaching in a school – or completing online exercises.
Our problem-based approach to teaching means you’ll be equipped with the thinking and analytical skills necessary to take a confident and proactive approach to your career in business and organisational psychology.
Teaching methods will include work-based activities, live briefs from industry partners, intensive workshops and online learning sessions.
You’ll also have the opportunity to gain valuable business awareness whilst combining practical work experience and theoretical study by taking part in an optional 6-12 week work internship.
The following modules are indicative of what you will study in this course.
- Business Research Methods
- Leading and Managing for Diversity
- Business and Organisational Psychology MSc Project
- Positive Psychology and Wellbeing at Work
- Psychology of Coaching and Mentoring for Professional Development
- Strategic Organisational Effectiveness
- The Psychology of Learning, Training and Development
- The Psychology of Selection and Assessment
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
The University is dedicated to supporting ambitious and outstanding students and we offer a variety of scholarships to eligible undergraduate students, which cover all or part of your tuition fees.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.