Master in Applied and International Economics
Ural Federal University
Blended, Distance learning, On-Campus
RUB 222,900 / per year *
Earliest start date
* per year or 182 800/year - with discount for 40 or more points at the entrance exam
The program is a two-year route to a master’s degree in applied and international economics. It is designed for students who want to pursue a career in economic or financial consultancies, international business, or academia. As modern economics and global markets require professionals to have sound knowledge in economic theory, use data analysis, work with quantitative software, and to be able to study effectively, the program offers a range of courses which help to develop skills and expertise demanded by potential employers.
The first year of the program is common for all the enrolled students and includes core economic courses (microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, game theory) complemented by several research methodology disciplines. In the second year, students can choose one of two study tracks. The applied track focuses on economic and data analysis, while the international track is aimed to provide students with expertise in international business and the world economy.
The courses of the program are taught by both local faculty (including people with Ph.D. degrees from Russian and foreign universities) and invited visiting professors from the leading Russian and European universities. A substantial number of courses are taught in English. We also regularly invite our corporate and academic partners for seminars and workshops which are integral elements of the program.
- Two tracks: applied and international economics
- Teaching staff with wide academic, research, and professional experience
- A well-developed learning environment with modern learning and research equipment, access to vast research sources and databases
- Direct collaboration with leading Russian and international companies
The program curriculum aims to develop the following in-demand competencies of the students:
- Experts in data analytics and information technologies
- Fundamental economic knowledge together with practice experience
- Research competencies
- Management skills
- Ability to work both in Russian and global companies