MSc International Finance and Economics
University of Sussex Business School
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 - 2 Year
Full time, Part time
GBP 20,950 / per year
Earliest start date
Join us in on campus for our Masters Open Day on Saturday 2 March
Meet our Business School faculty and discover the right course for you.
- Duration: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Start date: September 2023
- Apply by: 1 August 2023 (international), 1 September 2023 (UK)
On our International Finance and Economics MSc, you’ll learn:
- To understand the impact of finance and financial markets on the wider global economy
- How to apply economic theory to the latest technological challenges
- With an emphasis on development and application rather than formulae.
You’ll study financial and monetary economics as well as technical aspects, such as corporate finance and financial econometrics.
And without needing extensive prior knowledge, you’ll gain the technical and analytical skills for a career in international finance. This will give you an edge in your financial career – whether in government, consultancy, banking or with an NGO.
The University of Sussex Business School is accredited by EQUIS, the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. Accreditation ensures rigorous quality control, benchmarking against international standards and is acknowledged worldwide.
The Sussex International Finance and Economics MSc gives you essential skills and knowledge for a career in international finance.
You develop transferable technical and analytical skills that are in demand in the finance industry and learn about the uses of finance in:
- Developed and developing countries
- Financial and monetary economics
- More technical aspects such as corporate finance and financial econometrics
Full-time and part-time study
Choose to study this course full-time or part-time, to fit around your work and personal life. Modules for the full-time course are listed below.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Analytical Methods for Finance & Business Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Money, Macro and Banking
- Quantitative Methods for Finance & Business
- Finance for Development
- Financial and Time Series Econometrics
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Research Methods for International Finance and Business
- Applied International Finance Project
We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities described in this prospectus. However, we may need to make changes due to significant disruption, for example in response to COVID-19.
- =6th in the UK for our research impact in Economics and Econometrics in REF 2021 (Times Higher Education)
- 11th in the UK for Economics and Business (US News & World Report Best Global Universities 2022)
- 15th in the UK for Economics and Econometrics (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Our aim is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to despite financial barriers so that we continue to attract talented and unique individuals.
Working while you study
Our Careers and Employability Centre can help you find part-time work while you study.