Master of Science in Fintech
University of Central Florida - College of Business
Distance learning, On-Campus
Full time, Part time
USD 370 / per credit *
01 Jul 2023
Earliest start date
* in-state: $369.65 / out-of-state: $1,194.05
Shape the future of finance
The first of its kind in Florida, the new MS in FinTech will help students develop their computing skills, build awareness of financial markets and apply their talents to analyze real world problems. This innovative, interdisciplinary program offers a carefully designed curriculum and distinguished faculty who will teach employable technical and analytical skills for the application of technology to improve and automate the delivery of traditional financial services.
- STEM designated program and first MS in FinTech in Florida
- AACSB accredited
- Face-to-face and fully online program options
- Interdisciplinary program with College of Business and College of Engineering and Computer Science
- 10-course program with a blend of finance and computer science classes
- Highly accomplished faculty incorporate both industry and academic experience
Who Should Apply
- The MS in FinTech was designed to develop students with employable technical proficiencies and promote their critical entrepreneurial spirit.
- Candidates should have a strong, academically-based quantitative background.
- Candidates interested in working at the nexus of emerging technologies and the financial sector.
The MS in FinTech curriculum is a combination of Finance and Computer Science graduate-level courses. The curriculum includes 10 required courses/30 credit hours that ensure students develop computing skills, build awareness of financial markets, and apply their skills to simplify services related to banking, mobile payments and transfer of funds, credit evaluations, and asset management.
- COP 5818 – Full Stack Development for FinTech
- COT 5480 – Computational Methods in FinTech I
- FIN 6406 – Strategic Financial Management
- CAP 5619 – Artificial Intelligence for FinTech
- COT 6481 – Computational Methods in FinTech II
- FIN 6778 – Foundations of FinTech
- CIS 5730 – Blockchains and Smart Distributed Contracts
- FIN 6779 – FinTech in Decision Making
- FIN 6515 – Analysis of Investment Opportunities
- FIN 6777 – FinTech Entrepreneurship
Florida’s FinTech Hub
First FinTech master’s in Florida
Orlando is No. 1 STEM job growth in U.S. - Forbes, 2018
New Home of FinTech with 120+ commercial banks - Global Finance, 2019
Program Tuition Fee
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Financial Analyst