Master's Degree in Electric Mobility Engineering
Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV)
EUR 35 / per credit
Earliest start date
Mobility is undergoing a radical change with the introduction of numerous types of vehicles with electric drive, due to the advantages that they offer energetically and ecologically. this type of mobility, both from an energy point of view due to the performance of the engines, as well as the possibility of drastically reducing CO2 emissions, especially in cities, which, if combined with the possible energy production with renewable sources, will The result is a very significant reduction in global emissions.
The Master's Degree in Electric Mobility is designed to train professionals with skills in the different technologies inherent to electric mobility, such as: electric drives, power electronics, energy storage, the necessary infrastructure for recharging, vehicle dynamics , system control, and global management of all electric vehicles. The purpose of this master's degree is for graduates to acquire current knowledge based on technological advances and develop the necessary skills and attitudes to develop professionally both in emerging companies in the sector and in traditional ones in the automotive sector.
The degrees that have been used as references for the design of this Master's curriculum are the following:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Industrial Electronic and Automatic Engineering
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Consequently, these three Degrees are considered the Reference Degrees for the design of the study plan and their graduates, in accordance with the merit assessment criteria established in the following section, may be directly admitted to the aforementioned Master's Degree.
Graduates of other degrees with related skills without complements may also be admitted, such as:
- Degree in Industrial Technologies
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering
Those admitted to these degrees must take the subjects corresponding to the Technological Fundamentals module for mechanics. This module is considered an advanced level of undergraduate knowledge, but is necessary to improve your skills related to electronics and electricity.
Likewise, in accordance with the merit assessment criteria established in the following section, graduates with degrees equivalent to those indicated above from any Spanish university will be admitted, where appropriate, without training complements.
The following graduates will also be admitted without training supplements, taking the specific Technological Fundamentals in the same way as graduates:
- Technical industrial engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Engineer in Automation and Industrial Electronics
- Aeronautical engineer
The Master's Degree in Electric Mobility Engineering consists of 4 modules:
Module I. Technological Fundamentals Module: consists of 3 subjects
- Subject 1: Fundamentals of Electronics
- Subject 2: Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Subject 3: Fundamentals of Electrical
Students select two of the three optional subjects depending on the degree of access to the master's degree (Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical). Each subject consists of a specific subject of the subject that will allow the student to reinforce knowledge and acquire skills.
Module II. Specific Fundamentals consisting of 6 specific subjects of electric mobility. The subjects are divided into different subjects over the three semesters of the master's degree. The subjects are the following:
- Subject 1: Fundamentals of Electric Mobility, provides a general vision of electric mobility and serves as cohesion between all the subjects of this module.
- Subject 2: Mechanical Vehicle Design addresses the dynamic behavior of the vehicle, such as tires, suspensions, etc.
- Subject 3: Electrical Energy provides knowledge related to energy sources, energy storage and the necessary infrastructure such as electrical installations and converters.
- Subject 4: Electric Traction provides practical knowledge related to the movement of the vehicle, through the use of an electric motor, the power electronics to control it and the control strategy to follow.
- Subject 5: Control Systems provide knowledge for vehicle control, autonomous driving, traction management, necessary sensorization, etc.
- Subject 6: Logistics provides practical knowledge of how infrastructure and communications are managed intelligently.
Module III. Optativity Module consists of a subject called General Optativity, where in addition to initially offering 3 subjects, the possibility of carrying out curricular internships in a company, academic exchange or stays in research centers is offered. The themes can be:
- Vehicle fleet management
- Power conversion for auxiliary systems
- Advanced mechanical design
- Advanced electrical design
- Communications between vehicles and systems
- Vehicle maintenance
The General Optional module has been designed with the purpose of allowing the student to complete their curriculum:
- Taking optional subjects. All information related to the specific offer of elective subjects will be published and available to students each academic year prior to their enrollment. Regardless of the elective subjects a student takes, the design of the study plan ensures that they will acquire the skills that define the degree.
- With recognition of credits for carrying out external academic internships in the curricular modality up to a maximum of 13.5 ECTS.
- With recognition of credits to facilitate mobility up to a maximum of 13.5 ECTS.
Module IV. Master's Final Project: completion of the master's final project
The master's degree in Electric Mobility is designed to train professionals with skills in the different technologies inherent to electric mobility, such as: electric drives, power electronics, energy storage, the infrastructure necessary for recharging, vehicle dynamics , system control, and global management of all electric vehicles. The purpose of this master's degree is for graduates to acquire current knowledge based on technological advances and develop the skills and attitudes necessary to function professionally in both emerging companies in the sector and traditional companies in the automotive sector.