As a public institution, its tuition fees are determined by the regional administration, being some of the lowest in the entire State. The USC is established in two historical campuses located in Santiago de Compostela and Lugo, both declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, and with a great quality of life, taking into account their prices, mobility possibilities or offer of cultural and sports services.
Santiago is an international city that attracts students from all over the world to study, research or learn languages. It is a small city, very safe, with a good quality of life and a wide range of cultural and leisure activities.
The internationalization policy is aimed at positioning USC as a vitally important agent in the teaching and research space at a global level.
The USC has an International Welcome Center to attend to requests for information from its own students interested in participating in a mobility program or international students to advise them on their arrival in Santiago (both at a bureaucratic and academic level).
The actions of the USC respond, more specifically, to the following guidelines:
- Intensify the institutional presence of the USC in decision-making spaces, forums and international platforms of higher education and its involvement in the formalization of strategic alliances.
- Encourage the participation of the USC in research networks and strengthen its leadership in European and international programs, valuing and giving greater dissemination to the results of research and cooperation projects.
- Increase the power of international student mobility programs, the PDI and the PAS.
- Enrich the teaching offer through the development of multilingual study programs participated by other universities.
- Optimize the protocols of attention to students and international visiting teachers.
- Improve the scope of talent recruitment and retention programs.
- Expand the attraction of resources and international financing to diversify the internationalization and global projection initiatives of the USC.