Master in Digital Communication
Universidade Católica Portuguesa
EUR 3,990 / per year *
Earliest start date
20 Oct 2023
* plus the cost of registration
The internet and the digital environment have introduced mutations in personal, group, organizational and mass communication.
More recently, the so-called Web 2.0 and with it social media and other new technological media have created a new communication paradigm, inexorably two-way and marked by participation and interaction. More and more individuals and organizations think, create, represent and communicate reality through innovative digital content.
Consequently, the market needs professionals with communicational skills to respond effectively to an online and constantly changing world, to new forms of information production and management, new ways of acting and interacting, new organizational and business models, new forms of entertainment, new artistic models.
What does this course offer?
The Master in Digital Communication at the Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences responds to the need to train researchers and professionals equipped with the theoretical, technical, and practical skills to analyze, build, and manage this new communicational paradigm and this new digital society.
It offers comprehensive, multidisciplinary and integrated training that combines a solid theoretical base with the application of knowledge in the development of professional and research projects in specific and diverse contexts of digital communication and in the media, organizational, educational, recreational and artistic fields.
The Master is aimed at all those who develop or intend to develop innovative digital communication strategies in companies, institutions, media organizations and in the various contexts and challenges of entrepreneurship.
- Reflect on the implications of the Internet and Web 2.0 in the context of new practices and new communication challenges in today's digital society;
- Analyze the new digital communication paradigm from a multidisciplinary perspective (communication sciences, language, cognition, culture, business, design and visual arts);
- Critically understand the issues, methodologies and strategies of current digital and social media;
- Develop the skills to create, plan, manage, distribute and evaluate digital communication in the private and public spheres and in various fields such as traditional and new media, business, organizations, education, entertainment and the arts;
- Use the different digital 2.0 technologies and explore their communicational possibilities in corporate, business, organizational, advertising and marketing, journalistic, such as digital journalism, creative industries, educational, entertainment, such as digital games and other entertainments, artistic contexts
- Develop a strategic digital communication project, with the possibility of implementing it in a company, start-up, audiovisual production agency, advertising agency, media outlet, design studio, etc.