Master in Natural Hazards
Universidad de Leon
EUR 3,050 / per year
Earliest start date
We train qualified professionals for the analysis and knowledge of natural phenomena that are classified as natural risks and their implications, offering specialized training, with a remarkable potential in the labor market and of relevance in several IDI sectors of special importance.
Aimed at graduates in Environmental Sciences, Biology, Geology, Geography, Forest and Natural Environment Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Road Engineering, Economics (or equivalent) and professionals in areas related to natural hazards and the environment.
If you are interested in learning to
- Know the basic principles of manifestation of phenomena classified as natural hazards and know the implications and social projection of their effects.
- Apply the methods and techniques of natural risk assessment.
- Understand the types and forms of manifestation of geological, meteorological, climatic and biological risks, as well as the mode of human involvement in risk induction.
- Design strategies for prevention and minimization of human and environmental negative effects.
- Identify the professional criteria required for the exercise of competent actions related to natural risks.
What we offer you
- Academic-mixed orientation.
- Mobility programs with the Université de Montpellier (France).
- Training with strong practical orientation (more than 50% of practical credits).
- Application of novel methodologies in laboratories equipped with high and recent technology.
- Teachers belonging to research groups of recognized national and international quality.
- Flexibility in enrollment.