MSc Fintech and Finance
The University of Greenwich
London, United Kingdom
1 - 2 Year
Full time, Part time
GBP 19,950 / per year *
Earliest start date
* full time international | home £15,225 per year
This course covers the critical elements of finance and technology, and how these two forces are shaping the future of finance. We help prepare for a career in a rapidly growing and in-demand sector.
Fintech is rapidly becoming an established new finance paradigm. It is a fusion of finance and technology to create new, more dynamic services and a new class of financial assets. This program will critically assess the operations, benefits, and issues with cryptoassets such as cryptocurrencies, and tokens as well as more traditionally based innovations such as digital-only banks and payment systems. The program will give students an understanding of the main technical analysis techniques, for example, machine learning and Python programming, used throughout the fintech world.
What you should know about this course
- We cover finance principles to provide a firm base against which innovative fintech products and services can be compared
- You will gain a detailed understanding of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, XRP, etc, and crypto assets such as investments and NFTs
- Students will develop a deep knowledge of the products and services offered by fintech banks and exchanges
- You will learn data analysis, visualization techniques as well as hands-on machine learning with Python
- Our Generator team will support students to launch their final project (if successful) as an entrepreneurial initiative after graduation
Scholarships and Funding
There is a range of financial support options available to support your studies, including the Aspire@Greenwich award for study resources that many full-time students will receive.
EU students may be eligible for a bursary to support their studies. View our EU bursary to find out more.
Discover more about grants, student loans, bursaries and scholarships. We also provide advice and support on budgeting, money management, and financial hardship.
Students are required to study the following compulsory modules.
- Machine Learning in Fintech (15 credits)
- Academic English for Postgraduates (Business)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Foundations of Scholarship (Dept ACC) (15 credits)
- Principles of Finance (30 credits)
- Financial Engineering and Machine Learning (15 credits)
- Fintech Banking (15 credits)
- Fintech Exchanges (15 credits)
- Introduction to Cryptoassets (30 credits)
- Fintech Final Project (30 credits)
Program Tuition Fee
What sort of careers do graduates pursue?
Graduates can pursue careers in investment and financial analysis such as investment management, corporate finance, financial management and consulting.
Graduates who go on to gain the CFA Institute's Chartered Financial Analyst status will be in great demand in many areas of business and finance.
Do you provide employability services?
Our Business School Employability team is committed to supporting your journey towards a rewarding graduate destination. We provide a professional service to empower you to achieve your potential and offer support for two years after graduation. Services include:
- CV, cover letter, and application tips
- Interviews support
- Careers fairs