Officially inaugurated on February 27, 1964, the IEE-ULB was created by prominent personalities such as Ganshof van der Meersch and Paul-Henri Spaak. He quickly achieved a level of disciplinary excellence in European law. In its 50 years of existence, the Institute of European Studies has graduated nearly 7,500 students.
Why come to study at the IEE-ULB?
All the reasons to choose the Institute of European Studies of the Free University of Brussels!
Choosing ULB means studying :
- in the heart of Europe
- in an International and Multicultural University
- in a cosmopolitan city with human dimensions
Choosing IEE .... is to study in an institute that :
- concentrates within it all the disciplinary dimensions of European studies (law, economics, history and political science) and practices a genuine inter- or multi-disciplinarity
- offers one of the most diversified and at the same time comprehensive pallets of education, at the master's, master's and doctoral levels
- research and teaching
- is committed to promoting truly bilingual lessons, French / English
- is at the heart of important cooperation networks, both at Belgian and international level.
What does the IEE Diploma mean in the job market ?
- The capacity of a plural reading of a social phenomenon affecting the EU, analysis of the power relations within the institutions and Member States, and the dynamics of the actors of the different political systems.
- The ability to communicate orally or in writing, to argue critically by manipulating abstract concepts, to use the English language at B1, to familiarize with European cultures
- The ability to carry out projects autonomously, apply scientific methods, carry out several important tasks, work in teams and develop time management
- The ability to act as a specialist depending on the chosen curriculum in many areas of European integration.
- A personal ethic, a scientific spirit, a structured, critical and independent thought , a respect for ethics.