Master in BIM Coordination
Politecnico di Milano - Master School F.lli Pesenti
Full time, Part time
EUR 3,500 / per course *
29 Feb 2024
Earliest start date
* online tuition: €3500
This specializing master course aims to give the main tools of project and contract management to both engineers and architects. Nowadays it is getting more and more important to know how any project should be managed from its inception to its end, in order to optimize costs and to get forward according to a predefined schedule.
During this specializing master the students will be introduced to the theory of project management, of investment valuation, and financial accounting. They will receive all the information needed to obtain the PMI (Project Management Institute) certifications and the IPMA (International Project Management Association) certifications. They will receive all the information needed to become a Lean Green Belt Project Leader. They will also be introduced to data analysis. They will be introduced to forensic engineering with specific regard to how the FIDIC contracts are to be written, read, and managed.
Delay analysis and determination of the quantum are two important units about contract management. All these PM and contract management tools will be enhanced with BIM (Building Information Modeling) softwares for architectural design, structural design, mechanical design, and facility management. The BIM philosophy and its softwares have proven to be very useful: both engineers and architect must get acquainted with them. They will permit a team of architects, engineers and project managers to be more integrated and to work more seamlessly toward the shared goal of project completion in time and on budget.
This Master can be purchased in an e-learning format
Each student will have access to her/his own personal account on the Moodle e-learning platform (which is among the most widely used platform globally for online lifelong learning). Here the student will find all the videos of the lessons in streaming, all the teaching material downloadable as pdf files, the calendar of the lessons, and the contacts of all the teachers.
Through her/his own personal account each student will be able to follow the lessons in two ways: the SYNCRONOUS WAY while the lessons will be made in the classroom and the student will be able to participate as if she/he were present; and the ASYNCRONOUS WAY after the videos of the lessons, the teaching material, and the contacts of the teacher will be uploaded on the platform, and there will remain at disposal of all the students every hour of the day, every day of the week, and for the whole duration of the master.
Therefore, even after the end of the lessons, all the students will have many more months to access their personal accounts on the platform and delve as deep as they deem necessary and useful into the contents of all the lessons. Until they write and defend their master thesis, and finally graduate.
- BIM Regulations and standards
- Data as asset: PIM (Product Information Modeling) and AIM (Asset Information Modeling)
- Schedule and computing (4D and 5D)
- Building management and maintenance (6D and 7D)
- Common data environment and other tools for the digital future of the construction field
- Oracle Primavera P6
- Legal BIM
- Fundamentals of management engineering
- IPMA® International Project Management Certification (Level D, Level C, Level B, Level A)
- PMI project management certifications (CAPM® and PMP®)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Project Leader
- Real estate valuation and valorization
- Leadership & soft skills + communication and public speaking
- Data analyst
- Data analysis with Matlab
- Contracts by international standards (FIDIC, JCT, NEC, AAA)
- Introduction to Contract Management for FIDIC contracts (Red, Pink, Yellow, and Silver)
- Introduction to Claim Management for FIDIC contracts (Red, Pink, Yellow, and Silver)
- Introduction to Delay Analysis
- Determination of the quantum
- Forensic Engineering: from claim to dispute, dispute boards, arbitration
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
There are scholarships available for international students who follow online for the March 2024 edition. Therefore, the cost of this specializing master to you will be 2500 Euros instead of 3500 Euros.