MS in Taxation
Northeastern University College of Business Administration
Boston, MA, USA
Earliest start date
* pls contact for program costs
This program is exclusively for professionals pursuing a career in taxation. We offer a variety of start times, flexible schedules, and convenient campus locations. Most students complete the program in two years.
This program is right for you if...
- You are a tax practitioner (self-employed, working in industry or public accounting) and you want to stay current with industry trends and hone your tax planning techniques.
- You want to expand your network of professionals in the Boston tax community.
- You desire flexibility to complete your degree while balancing work, family, and academics.
The MST program has three start times: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- Fall term: First week in September to the third week in December
- Spring term: First week in January to last week in February (MST Courses Only)
- Summer term: First week in May to the third week in August
Classes are offered on the Main campus and the downtown Batterymarch campus. Most students complete the program within two years while working full-time.
To earn the degree, you must complete 30 semester hours of credit and achieve a 3.000-grade point average. You may receive a waiver and/or transfer credit which will reduce the total number of credits required.
There are six required courses:
- Federal Tax Issues and Analysis
- Corporations and Shareholders
- Estate and Gift Taxation
- Tax Research Methodology
- Tax Practice, Procedures, and Ethics
- Partners and Partnerships
In addition, students must complete 15 credits of elective courses.
Note: The MST program offers financial planning courses which satisfy the educational requirements for pursuing the Certified Financial Planner designation.
exclusively for professionals pursuing a career in taxation
Program Admission Requirements
Demonstrate your commitment and readiness to succeed in business school by taking the GMAT exam – the most widely used exam for admissions that measures your critical thinking and reasoning skills. Download the GMAT mini quiz to get a flavour of the questions you’ll find in the exam.