Double Degree Master’s Program in Engineering + Technology Management (MBA/M.A.)
NIT Northern Institute of Technology Management
3 - 4 semesters
EUR 26,750 / per course
01 Mar 2024
Earliest start date
Make use of our Double Master's Program in Technology Management
Are you passionate about engineering or science, but you want to go a step further? How about adding general management know-how, leadership skills, expertise in entrepreneurial management and proficiency in another foreign language to your profile?
Our Double Degree Master´s Program in Technology Management meets the industry demand for engineering or science with an education in management. The international community of students and lecturers at the NIT creates an intercultural atmosphere in which individual learning is made possible through freedom and intensive learning support.
Sound management studies with practical relevance
At the NIT, students develop skills to master current and future challenges related to digitization. In projects, they learn to design and implement business ideas - whether in established companies or in their own start-ups. In this way, students at the NIT learn to make sustainable, strategic and operative decisions in technology management.
They train their soft skills and learn another language. Many of our students choose the Double Master, which combines management studies at the NIT with engineering studies at the TUHH. Thus, both the lecturers and students constantly contribute new ideas from a technical perspective.
Technology Management at NIT + Engineering or Science at TUHH
With our Double Master Program, you will graduate with two Master's degrees. Here's how it works: at the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), you enroll for an engineering or science M.Sc. program of your choice, combining it with an M.A. or an MBA in Technology Management at the NIT.
With this combination of degrees, your skills will be in demand as you will be able to combine technical know-how with a firm grasp of management in an international and agile marketplace.
The duration of the NIT´s master program can be flexibly adapted through our modular learning concept. A realistic plan for the Double Master (including M.Sc. (TUHH) and MBA/M.A. (NIT) thesis) should allot at least 5 semesters for both degrees.
Recommended course of studies
Master/MBA with 90 ECTS Volume approx. 30 hours/week = 3 semesters + master thesis
Master 90 ECTS: 26,750 EUR
- A world-class education in both engineering or science AND management
- International and intercultural experience
- Tight link to industry: Industrial scholarships, internship, and thesis work with companies possible
- International faculty from acclaimed business schools, universities, and research facilities
- Individual support from lecturers, tutors, and NIT staff
- Personalized career development
- On-campus living: modern student apartments on a green campus
- Global alumni network and friendships
- University degree conferred by the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
The NIT curriculum - Modular and innovative
At the NIT, we reflect a modern and agile work environment through our innovative learning concepts: we do not focus on lecturing, but rather on student learning through many dynamic, practical, and socially-integrated projects.
Modules from the areas of classical management, self-development, innovation management, company foundation, and digitalization familiarize students with the entrepreneurial challenges of the future. Topics such as ethics, law, and IT security further expand on important aspects of technology management. In addition, students can learn programming and familiarize themselves with real projects with relevant innovation methods such as design thinking.
Application process for the Double Master's Degree
Who can apply?
We accept applications from outstanding international and German students, in particular students must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, natural science, information or computer science*
- Proven record of personal and academic achievement
- High level of proficiency in English
- Initial professional experience is a plus but not a requirement for admission
Which documents are required?
Here's a list of all the documents you will need for your application.
- Application Form
- Curriculum vitae
- Study certificates and transcripts (for applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam plus APS upon enrollment)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of work experience (if applicable)
How does the admission process work?
- Admission to one of the MSc study programs at the TUHH is a precondition for being considered by the NIT.
- Admission at the NIT is based on a rolling admission system. To improve your chances of admission, we recommend you apply as early as possible.
- The admission process at the NIT is conducted by an admission committee based on the documents supplied with your application and by a personal interview.
- Applying for the MBA/Master’s program at the NIT does not affect your chances of admission to one of the MSc programs at the TUHH
Depending on whether you choose to apply for a German or an International MSc at TUHH, there will be some differences in the application process. In particular, the application deadlines are different. Read the following instructions carefully.
Industrial tuition scholarships for the Double Master's Degree
For outstanding students, the NIT offers a limited number of industrial scholarships granted by partner companies. Apply as early as possible to improve your chances of receiving an industrial scholarship.
NIT's industrial scholarships cover the tuition fee for the Technology Management program. TUHH enrolment fees (approximately 300 EURO per semester) and NIT administrative fees (300 EURO per semester) are not covered by the scholarship and will have to be covered by the student.