MSc Data Science
London, United Kingdom
GBP 11,700 / per course *
Earliest start date
* For more details about pricing, contact the university.
Passionate about data and wish to learn in one of the leading tech hubs? LIBF's blended MSc Data Science programme in London offers just that. This learning approach combines the benefits of digital learning with the lively interaction of in-person classes in London.
The degree covers key aspects of data science such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data visualization. This combination of theoretical understanding and practical skills transforms you into a seasoned professional, ready to harness the power of data in your stride. With a master's degree from LIBF in this versatile field, you'll be poised to carve a successful career in London’s rapidly growing tech industry.
Please note, that international student enrolment on full-time blended courses is subject to UKVI approval.
- Freedom: With LIBF's blended courses, you'll have the freedom to schedule your online studies around timetabled on-campus classes. Your exams are free to take online, at any time or day that best fits your schedule.
- Flexibility: LIBF offers payment options that give you the flexibility you need to stay in control of your finances – with the option to pay in monthly instalments or annually, with fee reduction incentives.
- Funding: LIBF offers up to a 30% launch discount offer to international students studying online, regardless of nationality. You will also receive a free iPad, preloaded with study essentials, and is yours to keep after graduation.
The full-time course length for LIBF’s bachelor’s degrees is three years. These are also available to study part-time over a period of four or six years.
When you enrol in a BSc (Hons) Data Science degree program with LIBF, you will learn the fundamentals of data science, including data wrangling and programming with Python. You will gain practical skills and knowledge in analyzing trends, identifying patterns, and making data-driven decisions that can increase profits for organizations worldwide. These skills will equip you to work as a data analyst, data scientist, or any other role that requires expertise in data science.
This program includes the following modules:
- Introduction to Data Science
- Introduction to Programming with Python
- Mathematics: Analysis
- Statistics - Probability and Descriptive Statistics
- Object Oriented and Functional Programming with Python
- Data Quality and Data Wrangling
- Mathematics: Linear Algebra
- Statistics - Inferential Statistics
- Introduction to Academic Work
- Database Modelling and Database Systems
- Explorative Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Data Science Software Engineering
- Machine Learning - Supervised Learning
- Machine Learning - Unsupervised Learning and Feature Engineering
- Elective A
- Elective A
- Neural Nets and Deep Learning
- Seminar: Ethical Considerations in Data Science
- Elective B
- Elective B
- Elective C
- Elective C
- Undergraduate (bachelor) thesis
Program Tuition Fee
LIBF’s data science online course will give you the technological edge and expertise you need to progress your career in different ways, including internationally.
When you study with LIBF, you'll examine the main theories, principles, and methods of data science and learn new data science tools and techniques to stay up to date with industry trends - giving you many more career options. Potential job roles after completing your data science bachelor's degree are:
Data Scientist opportunities
Your BSc (Hons) Data Science degree gives you the business intelligence and analytical expertise to:
- solve problems
- develop transformative tools
- provide valuable advice to elevate the financial success of global companies.
These skills are very much in demand. You can use your knowledge in various key business areas from analyzing big data and minimizing risk to making data-driven projections that create economic stability.
Data Engineer or Analyst opportunities
Your BSc (Hons) Data Science degree gives you the specialized skills to expertly analyze data and translate it into impactful actions. You can also use your knowledge to optimize systems and inform strategic decisions that support development. Your problem-solving prowess and advanced analytical understanding can help you excel in business areas such as creating robust data processes and developing infrastructure to increase operational efficiency.
Business Intelligence Analyst opportunities
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you'll analyze complex data sets, identifying trends and patterns to provide actionable insights for stakeholders. You'll create and maintain data models and reporting systems, supporting strategic decision-making. Your specialized data analysis and problem-solving skills will be crucial in developing robust processes and infrastructure to enhance operational efficiency.