MSc in Finance (Asset Pricing)
King's College London - King’s Business School
London, United Kingdom
GBP 37,680 / per year
Earliest start date
Discover how complex financial markets operate. And learn about the banking sector in different markets around the world. In the MSc in Finance (Asset Pricing), you'll develop your understanding of the financial instruments that determine asset prices.
We focus on key issues facing the market. Modules focus on topics like investment analysis in financial markets, models of asset prices and returns, optimal investment, and risk and portfolio management.
We'll challenge you to think critically about the industry. And the diverse community on the course will provide the ideal environment for networking and learning.
- Our course provides you with a thorough knowledge of how complex financial markets operate.
- Our practitioners have extensive and wide-ranging experience in the finance industry, providing invaluable contributions to the teaching of the modules and bringing theory into practice.
- Close links and regular speakers from financial organisations give you insights and up-to-the-minute knowledge of the subject area and bring practical insights into the classroom by applying the theory to real-world scenarios.
- Located in the heart of London, King's Business School has a strong reputation for research-led teaching and links to industry.
You are required to take:
- Quantitative Techniques (15 credits)
- Investments Analysis (15 credits)
- Applied Corporate Finance (15 credits)
- Financial Markets & Institutions (15 credits)
- Asset Pricing (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 Credits)
In addition, you are required to take 45 credits from a range of optional modules that may typically include:
- Financial Derivatives (15 credits)
- Empirical Finance (15 credits)
- Risk Management (15 credits)
- Financial Econometrics (15 credits)
- Financial Regulation and Governance (15 credits)
- Topics in Applied Finance (15 credits)
- Behavioural Finance (15 credits)
- Applied Wealth Management (15 credits)
- International Finance (15 credits)
- Financial Engineering (15 credits)
- Portfolio Management (15 credits)
- Credit Ratings (15 credits)
- Computational Finance (15 credits)
- Bond Markets, Analysis & Strategies (15 credits)
King’s College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study. Therefore, the modules offered may change. We suggest you keep an eye on the course finder on our website for updates.
Please note that modules with a practical component will be capped due to educational requirements, which may mean that we cannot guarantee a place for all students who elect to study this module.
The course seeks to provide high-quality postgraduate education in Finance (Asset Pricing) in a research-active and intellectually challenging environment. Students and professionals will focus on major issues in the area of finance such as investment analysis in financial markets, analysis of financial markets, models of asset prices and returns, optimal investment, and risk and portfolio management.
By the end of your studies, you’ll be able to apply core finance theory to real issues in the industry. And you’ll come away with an understanding of the verbal, mathematical, graphical, and econometric representations of financial ideas. You’ll also have the skills to assess the functioning of financial and banking sectors around the world.
Program Tuition Fee
As a Business School student, you not only have full access to all the award-winning events and resources from our central team King’s Careers and Employability service but a bespoke service curated especially for you by our dedicated careers team.
- Develop greater self-awareness of strengths, interests and values. Increase confidence in presenting your authentic self to employers and making career decisions that work for you.
- Gain insight, make connections and uncover opportunities through our campus events and connections with world-leading organisations, alumni, thought leaders and investors.
- Sharpen your application skills for internships, placements, graduate schemes and jobs using cutting-edge technology combined with personalised expert feedback and specialised workshops.
- Build an impressive portfolio of work relevant domain knowledge, leadership, workplace digital or technical skills through employer and professional programmes and micro-certifications.
- Apply and hone your skills in a real-world context. Access a world-class range of internships, placements, start-up incubators, leadership initiatives and focused diversity and inclusion opportunities.