Master in Industrial Biotechnology
Kaunas University of Technology
EUR 5,157 / per year
Earliest start date
With the increasing need for “green” industrial processes that would be both cost-efficient and sustainable, the contemporary world relies on industrial biotechnology experts more than ever. KTU’s master study programme in Industrial Biotechnology focuses on new research areas, which are bridging the competencies’ gap between different science and industry fields: production of bioproducts, synthesis of biologically active compounds, enzyme technology, bioprocess engineering, environmental biotechnology, renewable technology.
KTU MSc Industrial Biotechnology study programme equips its graduates with the skills to develop, produce, and analyse chemical compounds, materials, and fuel by applying innovative biotechnology methods. During your studies, you will gain competencies to model, optimise, and manage bio-processes and will be able to use your skills and knowledge in industrial biotechnology to produce biofuel, chemical substances or consumer goods of high-added value.
KTU industrial biotechnology graduates are praised by employers for their acquired technological knowledge, understanding of contemporary research equipment, and excellent planning and management skills.
- You will acquire education for working in the most rapidly growing global industry sector
- The study programme contains fully completed and continuously enhanced technical infrastructure for laboratory research
- These studies have been designed to combine fundamental and practical knowledge
- Application of knowledge in formulation and solving of engineering and biotechnical problems;
- Selection of biotechnological equipment, analytical and modelling techniques understanding of biosynthesis stages of bioproducts;
- Knowledge and characterisation of the biological system in the production of bioproducts.
Scholarships and Funding
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.