MSc in Nuclear Engineering - Track in Nuclear Energy Production and Industrial Applications (NEPIA)
EUR 24,000 *
Earliest start date
* Possible tuition fee waivers
NE/NEPIA Nuclear Energy Production & Industrial Applications specializes in nuclear sciences applications including energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications (particles beams technology, instrumentation, etc). A particular focus is put on the safety and radioprotection, to be considered in the management of a large project in this field.
The Master of Science NE-NEPIA starts in September and is divided into 4 semesters:
- MSc year 1: 2 academic semesters in Nantes campus
- MSc year 2: 1 academic semester for specialization in Nantes campus + 6 months Master Thesis in industry or research laboratory.
Scientific and technical modules:
- Physics of Ionizing Radiation
- Introduction to Nuclear modeling
- Introduction to Neutron physics
- Safety and Radioprotection
- Physico-Chemistry of Environment
- Introduction to Nuclear Technology
- Basics for reactors
- Dismantlement and Decommissioning of Nuclear Installations
- Nuclear materials
- Operation & maintenance
- Nuclear: Management, Safety, and Society
- Energy mix and energetic transition
- Environmental Management and Strategy of sustainability
Company visits, scientific seminars, technical projects, generic methods for engineers, French language & culture
Professional coaching (a Student-centered process of reflection on competencies and professional objectives)
- 6-month MSc thesis in Industry or research lab
Learn more about IMT Atlantiqueinternational and national rankings
- Acquire basic knowledge necessary for understanding nuclear energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications, e.g. accelerators, cyclotrons, etc.
- Develop competencies in reactor operation, maintenance and safety issues including radioprotection.
- Develop competencies in particles beams production and qualification.
- Develop competencies in nuclear radiations applications: instrumentation, non destructive control, security, etc.
- Develop an awareness of societal considerations related to nuclear energy production.
- Take into account societal issues related to nuclear energy production.
Scholarships and Funding
Special rates for:
- European students from the Erasmus zone (6000 €/year)
- EU Graduate students from our partner universities(3000 €/year)
- EU students met at Education fairs (5400 €/year)
- Excellent EU applications or recommended EU applications(2600 €/year)
- Non-EU students graduated from our partner universities (6500 €/year)
- Non-EU students met at Education fairs (9600 €/year)
- Non-EU Excellent applications or recommended applications (6000 to 9000 €/year)
- Double-Degree students
- Possible Industrial sponsorship.
Program Tuition Fee
Students with a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor in Engineering, majoring in one fo these fields:
- Nuclear Engineering / Technologies
- Energy Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Good command of English. Work experience can be a "plus" for the selection.
- Project engineer related to nuclear energy.
- Operation and maintenance engineer in power plant and other industrial applications.
- Safety engineer in nuclear power plant operation and industrial installations, and environmental controls.
- Research scientist and development engineer for industrial installations and power plants.