MSc in International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
International Hellenic University (IHU)
Distance learning, On-Campus
1 - 2 Year
Full time, Part time
31 Aug 2024
Earliest start date
The MSc in International Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation Program is being offered by the School of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Economics of the University Center of International Programs of Studies of the International Hellenic University. The program has been developed by experts with experience in international accounting, auditing, and taxation in both academia and industry. The MSc combines accounting and auditing knowledge with expertise in taxation, which helps students gain the necessary knowledge of the international accounting, auditing, and taxation environment. The courses are taught exclusively in English.
Strategic Collaboration between the International Hellenic University and Deloitte Greece
The International Hellenic University has proceeded with the signing of a Collaboration Agreement with the professional services company Deloitte Greece. This collaboration will create an open channel of communication and exchange of views, ideas, and technical know-how between the two establishments.
The collaboration will provide, amongst other projects, the organization of common educational activities via workshop seminars, the development of collaborative research, activities within the framework of consultancy projects and students’ dissertations, the joint submission of proposals to national and international research and development programs, the exchange of views for the improvement and harmonization of the educational process with the modern demands of the job market and businesses. Its first action will be the launch of the Deloitte Business Seminar Series, a series of seminars delivered by Senior Deloitte’s Executives designated for Executive MBA students and graduates. These seminars will provide know-how and business best practices in topics such as consultancy, taxation, financial auditing, investment motivation, and governance.
This collaboration establishes a new basis for the possibility of obtaining work experience for students via work placements as Deloitte Greece intends to provide support, via the consultancy – mentoring of students of the International Hellenic University. The consultancy will take place about start-ups and new business projects for innovation contests and pitching events. Also, Deloitte intends to offer employment to students of distinction from the Institution and particularly to students who have distinguished themselves in Postgraduate Programmes of Study related to the full range of consultancy and auditing services in the area of financial services, energy, telecommunications/informatics, and tourism.
The duration of the MSc in International Accounting Auditing and Taxation program is 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time. Teaching takes place on weekday afternoons, usually from 18.00 – 21.00. The program starts every October.
- Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Foundations of Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Management Accounting
- Advanced Corporate Reporting and Sustainability
- Advanced Taxation
The elective courses
The students can choose four electives according to their interests and their current and future career orientation.
- Accounting Fraud Examination
- Cost Planning and Analysis for Competitive Advantage
- Transfer Pricing
- Advanced Auditing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advanced Company Valuation
- Sustainable Investments and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Financial Derivatives and Structured Products
- Behavioural Finance
- Banking Legal Environment
- Fintech Regulation and Data Protection
As part of the MScs programme students work on a 5-month project on a subject related to their academic interests and career aspirations.
The Maser’s dissertation provides a good opportunity to apply theory and concepts learned in their courses to a real-world business environment.
Students submit an individual 10,000 – word project using different types of datasets, as well as the writing of case studies and reports often based on summer internships.
Upon completion of studies, graduates will have access to a vast range of career opportunities in international and local organisations. Employing organisations may be in the private of public sector. The programme is designed to boost employability for students and professionals who aim for international careers as:
- Consultants in accounting, auditing, tax and financial management
- Tax revenue officers
- Corporate lawyers
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
- To be eligible for the Academic excellence scholarship, candidates need to provide evidence of academic excellence such as a first-class bachelor's degree or an official document from the School that they have been among the top 5% of the graduates of their class.
- The Tuition fee exemption in accordance with Law 4957/2022 concerns only Greek citizens.
- The additional funding is for IHU graduates of the School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Economics, or of other Schools of the University Center of International Programmes of Studies (UCIPS) who decide to attend a second postgraduate programme of the School, and for IHU students who are studying at the same time and are second-degree relatives (siblings).
The previous year there were also tuition fee discounts based on specific criteria for specific programmes, announced on the programme’s page (tab: Fees and Financing). For the upcoming intakes, there is no such announcement yet, for any update we will keep you informed.