Master's degree in design & advertising
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The Master's in Design & Advertising arises from the need to provide more specialized training, based on the convergence between Design and Marketing and Advertising, being the only Master's in Design in Portugal with a specific specialization in Advertising.
Through research leading to the completion of a final work and the use of active pedagogical models, this master's degree aims to train professionals capable of developing strategic, creative and project aspects, understanding the dynamics of advertising creation, analyzing and critically evaluating different proposals and to think about the agency and creative direction models of the future.
Why a Master's degree at IADE ?
Masters at IADE offer you an advanced specialization so that you can distinguish yourself and extend your professional opportunities in the Creative Economy.
Possibility to participate in networking groups with Students from other Programs and Companies, through the Cross Masters project that connects you to the reality of the various areas of the Creative Industry.
IADE is the place where Design, Technology and Communication work together using Creativity as a tool to create new inspiring solutions for Companies and Society.
Standards of Excellence
With an Educational Offer of Official Programs accredited with the standards of excellence of the European University.
Why the Master in Design & Advertising?
Connection of two fundamental areas of creativity
- The only Design Master's degree in Portugal with a specialization in Advertising.
- Connection of two fundamental areas of creativity: design and advertising. Students experience the relationships between advertising strategy and design aesthetics, as tools that complement each other in responding to market problems.
- Prepares students to work in the world of advertising creation, through the use of active pedagogical models, with a real project transversal to the program
- They experience the relationships between advertising strategy and design aesthetics, as tools that complement each other in responding to market problems.
- Promoting reflection on future-oriented trends, in which students deal with the most current communication tools to solve market challenges.
Proximity to companies
- Students have the opportunity to respond to real briefings for the development of projects in partnership with companies such as Queen of Hearts, Vans, Grupo Boticário, Quem Disse Berenice? and Vogue Portugal.
- Through immersion activities in the Factory, where through the Creative Challenge we have already had companies such as Bordallo Pinheiro and Vista Alegre or through participation in competitions such as: Young Lions, D&AD and Roger Hatchuel.
- Partnership with the Creative Club and some international companies and universities, promoting contact with business reality through lectures with partners such as: UNESCO Chair of Communication at the Methodist University, the research group Semio Humanitas and Sampatalks.
- Cross Masters Project, where master's students in the Design area at IADE come together to respond. Some examples: Entourage (Brazilian company that organizes musical events) and Lispolis (Lisbon Technical Center).
- Visit to companies and presence of invited market professionals in the classroom: Mãos que Ajudam, DocaPesca, SampaTalks and the Hospital Pediátrico de Coimbra.
Facilities and laboratories
- Access to laboratories: Print Lab, 3D Laboratory, Media Lab Studio, Digital Laboratory, Photography Laboratory, UX Lab (User Experience Lab), Technology Laboratory, among others. These spaces support students in the development and materialization of ideas and projects, allowing them to simulate professional activity.
- António Quadros Library, rooms equipped with Hyflex System and Mac computers.
- Access to Adobe Creative Cloud
Factory | IADE Special Projects Unit
The Factory includes the Projects Unit, the Technical Laboratories and the Observatory. It is also a platform for disseminating ideas, projects and creative challenges in which they participate as an IADE student. In this unit, where value and knowledge are manufactured, there is a clear focus on the relationship between students, teachers, laboratories and civil society.
Certification and accreditation
Approved by A3ES on 10/20/2022
Registration No. R/A-Cr 87/2015/AL02, dated 04/21/2023
Order No. 6014/2023 of May 29, 2023, II Series No. 103 DR
This master's degree aims to train professionals to work in the world of advertising creation, combining advertising strategy and design aesthetics:
- Creative direction
- Art direction
- Management and direction of communication and advertising strategy
- Media management and direction
- Advertising account executive
Masters in Design & Advertising will also be prepared to begin a teaching or university research career.
|Advertising Design Laboratory||56||9|
|Integrated Marketing Communication (Optional)||28||6|
|Graphic Communication (Optional)||28||6|
|Advertising Design Laboratory||56||9|
|Audiovisual Production Laboratory||28||6|
|Creative Direction and Co-creation||28||6|
|Trends and Future Scenarios||28||6|
|Dissertation/Project Work/Internship Report in Design and Advertising||15||18|
|Dissertation/Project Work/Internship Report in Design and Advertising||14||30|