Master's degree in environmental education and sustainability
Instituto Politécnico de Viseu – Escola Superior de Educação (ESEV)
Earliest start date
The Masters in Environmental Education and Sustainability course lasts for four semesters (starting in September of each year). It is aimed at holders of a degree or equivalent; holders of a foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process; holders of a foreign academic degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of the licenciado degree by the Scientific Council of ESEV; Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting the capacity to accomplish this cycle of studies by the Scientific Council of ESEV. The fundamental objectives of the course:
- Developing scientific and educational knowledge in the field of Environmental Education and Sustainability, applying it in the interpretation and resolution of environmental problems in wide multidisciplinary situations;
- Facilitate the mobilization of knowledge and methodology in developing environmental education projects and sustainability, based on scientific research on current and concrete contexts, and in situ;
- Promote understanding of environmental education as a key factor in changing development paradigms, for their integration into educational programs and projects at local, regional and global levels.
- The course concludes with the completion of a dissertation in the field of Environmental Education and Sustainability, may have a kind of action-research for professionals in assets.
- Postgraduate training of graduates of courses in the areas of Education and Environment and professionals in assets, with interests in the field of Environmental Education and Sustainability;
- Government services, companies, non-governmental bodies and organizations linked to the environment, institutions / training and research services, environmental interpretation centers, protected areas, nature reserves and parks.