MSc Impact Finance and Fintech Management
ESDES Lyon Business School
EUR 12,400 / per year *
31 Jul 2024
Earliest start date
* for EU students | €13 900/year for non-EU students
We invite you to join an innovative program, which prepares students for careers in high-level sustainable financial management, green banking, and ESG analyst positions, capable of reasoning in an integrated manner by mastering the issues of responsibility, technology, and sustainability. This one-year course includes themes such as sustainability risk management, advanced Financial Modeling, AI and Financial Predictions, and Sustainable investment analysis, all in an international environment.
Our 13-month program is taught 100% in English and includes a 4-month internship.
5 Teaching blocks will take students through:
- The analysis, reporting, and modeling of financial data for ESG projects
- The conception and commercialization of a portfolio of impact finance products
- Strategic development of inclusive finance
- Managing the sustainable performance of an organization with Fintech innovation
- Research project
The program has been awarded the MSc label from the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles. This certification enables students to extend their student visa in order to work in France for a period up to 2 YEARS* (depending on country of origin)
- To prepare to be an international business leader.
- To offer a project-based learning process that combines theory and simulation.
- To provide analytical tools for decision-making.
- To acquire the ability to evaluate the complexities of international business.
- To develop communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- To master and apply the knowledge and skills required for functioning effectively in a specialized field of business.
- To adopt ethical, social, and responsible behavior by engaging in activities that impact society.
- To manage operations in companies or organizations within an international context.
- To contribute to the collective performance of the group by being an effective team member.
- To work efficiently with people from different cultures and operate successfully in various environments.
- To develop professional hindsight to solve problems and make subsequent decisions.
- To acquire communication skills in order to engage with a wide range of audiences in at least two different languages.
- To contribute to the digital transformation of organizations through the development of a digital mindset and expertise.
Students who follow our MSc in Impact Finance and Fintech Management will be eligible for all investment and asset management professions, including complementary extra-financial expertise linked to the transformation of finance professions in the sector. Such positions include, but are not restricted to:
- ESG/ISR or extra-financial analyst in investment funds, brokers (sell-side), asset management companies (buy-side) or specialised rating agencies
- A responsible portfolio manager in asset management and investment funds
- Impact investor, private equity investor
- Sustainable and responsible finance strategy consultant
- Manager in consultancies specialising in sustainable/responsible finance strategy
- Social or environmental auditor in specialized “Big Four” audit firms (EY, Deloitte, KPMG, PwH) or in companies
- Compliance officer
- Head of CSR and SRI relations
- Distributor of ESG products (Insurance, Investment, Credit)
- ESG investor relations
- ESG Research Analyst
|Block 1 : How to develop strategy for impactful financial strategies – 15 ECTS
|Climate Change Risk Modelling for Impact Investment
|Green Finance and Green Bons Structure
|Building an ESG Profile
|Impact Assessment & Investment Management
|Eco-Innovation and Design Thinking
|Block 2 : Measuring and Controlling Performance of Impact Finance : Rules and Regulations – 15 ECTS
|AI and Predictive ESG Modelling
|Sustainable Investment Regulation
|Sustainable Financial Risk Management
|Sustainability Controlling and Management
|Choice of 2 Masterclasses : Frugal Innovation, Leadership Skills, Waste Management or Responsible Management
|Block 3 : Consolidating and Analysing Financial and non Financial Data – 15 ECTS
|Advanced Excel Reporting
|Financial Programming with Python
|Big Data Analytics
|Project Management Tools
|Block 4 : Managing Fintech and the Sustainable Performance in Companies – 15 ECTS
|Advanced RPA Programming in the Financial Sector
|Blockchain and Cryptomoney Strategies
|Key Account Management