Master of Letters in Arts & Letters
USD 1,236 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* tuition per credit
Make It So.
Arts and Letters is a graduate liberal studies program designed with working professionals in mind. Through a diverse set of course offerings, students work on analytical and creative thinking while learning and synthesizing ideas. Coursework allows students to hone their writing and presentation skills. Our faculty mentors work with students to plan their course of study to take advantage of everything the New York City region has to offer. Our students put the humanities to work with internships and other means of experiential learning in the cultural capital of the world.
Master of Letters (33 Credits)
Students in the Master of Letters complete 33 credit hours from Arts and Letters listings, as well as approved courses from other Caspersen or Theological School programs.
I. Required Course (3 credits)
- ARLT 801 - Liberal Studies: What They Are, What They Do
II. Electives (27 credits)
- Taken from existing Arts and Letters courses, as well as courses from the Caspersen School or Theological School with approval by the convener.
III. Advanced Study (3 credits)
- Thesis Track:
- ARLT 900 - Master’s Thesis
- Non-Thesis Track:
- One additional elective from existing Arts and Letter courses
- Historical Studies
- Global Studies
- Literary Studies
- Studies in Spirituality
- Fine Arts and Media Studies
- Irish/Irish-American Studies
- Teaching in the Two-Year College
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.