MA in Engineering Physics
Ca' Foscari University of Venice
29 Mar 2024
Earliest start date
The Master's Degree Programme in Engineering Physics, entirely taught in English, is characterized by the three innovative curricula not currently present in Italy and internationally: Quantum Science and Technology, Physics of the Brain, and Physics of Finance and Economics.
- The Quantum Science and Technology curriculum is designed to address contemporary technological challenges.
- The Physics of the Brain curriculum, organized in collaboration with the Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati (SISSA) of Trieste, an international education and research institute, aims to provide students with the most advanced tools for diagnostics and analysis of the most complex biological system: the brain.
- The Physics of Finance and Economics curriculum focuses on the study of the complexity sciences, which in this case are applied to social sciences: economics and finance.
Some of the courses offered:
- Advanced Computer Science
- Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials
- Statistical Mechanics
- Physics of Complex Systems
- Quantum Computation
- Advanced Network and Communication System
Depending on the curriculum you choose, this degree program prepares you either to continue on an academic path with doctoral studies in physics, the biosciences, or finance, or launch a professional career. Some of the most popular professions include:
- IT and Business Consultancy Professionals
- Managerial or Technical Roles in R&D and/or Production at Microelectronics and Automation Companies
- Managerial or Technical Roles in R&D and/or Production at Biomedical Companies
- Data Scientists at High-Tech Companies and Research institutes
- Data Analyst at investment Banks
- Research Scientists in Scientific, Medical, or Financial Research Centers
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Ca' Foscari University offers high-achieving international students renewable scholarship packages of various sizes, ranging from 7,000 to 8,000 euros a year for master's students.
These scholarship packages are designed to offer support for the full duration of an award winner's degree. To be eligible to apply, you will need a minimum 8.5/10 CGPA. Complete information about the requisites and procedures to apply can be found at the dedicated webpage.
The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment.