Master in Taxation
Bentley University - McCallum Graduate School of Business
Distance learning, On-Campus
Full time, Part time
USD 4,800 / per course *
Earliest start date
* cost per course
Gain the academics-based professional tax knowledge that gives you the ability to focus on your client's businesses and planning.
- 95% Domestic Placement Rate
- 7 Years of Professional Experience
- 58% of Part-Time Students Enrolled
- 25 The average age of students in this program
Rankings and Recognition
The Bentley MST enjoys a strong position in many major rankings and lists including:
- #6 Top in Tax Educational Survey per Tax Talent
- #8 Best Online Masters in Taxation per Best Value Schools
- #7 Best Masters in Taxation per College Choice
- #11 Top Online Masters in Taxation per Top Accounting Degrees
- #4 Top 50 Best Value Masters in Taxation per Value Colleges
- #7 Best Master's Degrees in Taxation per Grad School Hub
- #1 Best Taxation Colleges in Massachusetts per Universities.com
- Research and analyze complicated fact patterns.
- Learn to develop and implement successful tax strategies.
- Communicate findings to tax and business professionals.
- Question and assess ethical responsibility.
- Work toward the 150-academic-credit-hour requirement for licensing as a certified public accountant (CPA) in many states, including Massachusetts.
The Bentley MST prepares you for a wide range of careers, no matter the industry you are interested in. See below for a partial list of employers and job titles our alumni have achieved over the past year.
|Baker Newman Noyes
|Boston Scientific Corporation
|Sr. Tax Analyst
|Tax Staff Accountant
|State and Local Tax Associate
|Marks Paneth LLP
|Office of the State Comptroller
The Bentley Graduate Online Learning Experience
Online education has revolutionized learning in higher education. At Bentley, we offer online education in two ways. Watch our video to learn more about those formats and how you will engage with professors and other students no matter where you are located.
Top Employers Hiring Our Graduates
Professional Tax Practice is recommended to be taken as one of the first courses in the MST program.
- TX600 | Professional Tax Practice
- TX601 | Federal Taxation of Income
- TX602 | Transactions
- TX603 | Corporations, and Shareholders
- TX604 | Multi-Jurisdictional Taxation
Select five taxation courses from the list below or any other graduate courses at the 600 level or higher.
- TX704 | Federal Taxation of Income from Trusts and Estates
- TX707 | Pass-Through Entities and Closely Held Businesses
- TX711 | Mergers, and Acquisitions
- TX731 | Investment Companies and Other Financial Products
- TX732 | Intellectual Properties
- TX733 | Tax Aspects of Buying and Selling a Business
- TX741 | Tax Accounting Problems
- TX761 | State and Local Tax Practice
- TX771 | International Tax Practice
- TX781 | Internship in Tax Practice
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.