Master of Finance - FinTech Specialization
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 - 3 Year
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
APU-DMU Dual degree program
Students who are under Masters Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia, and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
More than just a finance master program
APU's Master of Finance with a specialism in FinTech program is designed to provide you an edge with the latest technologies that are in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
Who should attend
This degree is intended for finance professionals looking to widen their skill base or students who have made a professional commitment to pursue a career in the financial service industry with a focus on FinTech skills and who have studied finance in an undergraduate degree and interested in equipping with the most comprehensive array of analytical tools and techniques. This Master of Finance (FinTech) could be a stepping stone to one of the most sought-after careers in the finance sectors broadly defined as corporate finance, security analysis, portfolio management, financial technology, and the functioning of financial institutions and markets.
This program is specifically designed to provide:
- Solid in-depth knowledge in the theory and practice of decision-making needed to face the challenges in the FinTech industry.
- An understanding of the demanding financial environment and its key areas at a global level.
- Specialized financial knowledge and tools to move from theory to real-world applications needed for a graduate to be at the forefront of the FinTech world.
Modules and project
The modules are designed to provide a solid understanding of financial principles and technology applications of those understanding to various aspects of the finance industry. The students are able to act autonomously in planning and implementing financial strategies.
Pre-requisite modules (for non-computing students: to be completed upon 1st month of the program)
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Cybercrime and Investigation
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Financial Technology
- Big Data Analytics and Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- International Finance
- Research Methodology
- Investment and Portfolio Management
You will be expected to conduct an effective research in relation to FinTech for both academic and industrial purposes. The project will provide you with an opportunity to study a topic related to FinTech in the form of a written report. You are required to develop your chosen research study by conducting literature reviews, engaging with research methodology, developing skills in data collection and analysis. At the end of the study, you will produce and present a report conforming to the conventions of academic writing.
Benefits of the program
On successful completion of this program, you will be able to :
- Understand the financial system and the linkages of financial institutions and markets to corporations, individuals, and governments.
- Understand the financial technology (FinTech) ecosystem and the developments that shape the financial industry in the 21st century.
- Acquire the necessary skills to be a successful financial enthusiast championing financial solutions in the 21st century.
- Interpret principles & understandings of financial workings in the world of FinTech.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative techniques in analyzing problems in Finance & Technology and solve complex, unstructured finance or investment-related problems.
- Perform advanced methods and procedures in solving complex problems by extending the knowledge of the Finance discipline into more specialized areas.
- Employ digital skills such as word processing, the web, and econometric packages in analyzing financial data while conducting research in a professional field.
- Demonstrate advanced numeracy skills in solving complex problems.
- Apply experience learned and a solid understanding of the realities of a business especially in FinTech related areas.
Program Tuition Fee
- Cybersecurity Analyst (Financial Services)
- Data Analyst (Financial Services)
- Finance Manager
- Insurance Manager
- Securities Trader
- Financial Planner
- Investment Banker
- Fund Manager
- Wealth Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Risk Manager
- Credit Analyst
FinTech for the future
Financial Technology (FinTech) is gaining momentum year on year and creating a huge demand for professionals with specific FinTech skills. The traditional accounting and finance industry is getting digitally transformed. To cater to the skill gap in the Financial Services the technology application has become an essential part of the graduate skill.
Traditional financial institutions and fintech start-ups alike are looking for more candidates who specialize in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science. According to reporting by Bloomberg reporting and data from LinkedIn, job listings requiring these skills in the financial industry increased nearly 60% in the past year. APU Accounting & Finance and Banking & Finance programs are designed to cater to the increased demand for finance graduates with FinTech skills.